|Job Type:||Full Time|
Manager, Claims Risk & Compliance
- Join Australia’s Leading Life Insurer
- Newly Created Opportunity
Welcome to This Australian Life.
From the millions of Australians we protect, to those that make it happen every day at TAL, people really are what we’re all about.
TAL needs people who represent our diverse Australian community. People who embrace our spirit and inspire confidence in their colleagues, customers and community. People who are passionate about making the most of the choices and options we provide. People who do what’s right, aim high, and work smart.
About the Opportunity
The Manager, Claims Risk & Compliance will assist in ensuring that operational risk is appropriately addressed and managed within the Claims business unit in accordance with TAL’s Risk Management framework. This role will facilitate the continued improvement in risk reporting, awareness and culture.
The role will work closely with the Claims Leadership team, the TAL Risk Office and senior management to understand, drive and own material risks and controls.
This role will also be involved in supporting the business to satisfy their responsibilities in complying with internal policy frameworks and regulatory requirements as well as helping the buss to use the frameworks to better achieve their business goals.
Working within the Claims Governance & Risk team, you will work with other areas to review and identify any potential risk and quality trends and recommend strategies to address these findings.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Assist in the provision of meaningful, relevant and timely business risk information to the business, Risk Office and Senior Management.
- Facilitate the implementation and management of risk management practices, policies and procedures.
- Facilitate the Risk and Control Self-Assessment (RCSA).
- Day to day monitoring and reporting of Claims Risk Appetite Statement metrics.
- Facilitate resolution of incident, RCSA, internal and external review actions as required.
- Manage and communicate to key business stakeholders on potential control improvement initiatives to ensure management review and approval of key decisions.
- Provide thought leadership for quality and risk management decisions to maximise business efficiencies.
- Deliver timely Operational Risk Management analysis and liaise with key stakeholders including the Risk Office to enable Claims to be commercially successful and fully compliant with legal and regulatory requirements.
- Assist in building the risk analysis and solution capability across the Claims business.
- Assist in preparing Claims risk reporting to Senior Management, TAL Board and relevant Committees.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Substantial understanding and experience implementing and monitoring operational risk frameworks across a life insurance organisation.
- Strategic thinking with experience of operationalising strategic plans including implementing risk mitigation strategies related to those plans.
- Ideally has experience at senior level within the financial services/life insurance industry and have demonstrated:
- Strong understanding of the insurance industry including detailed operational knowledge.
- Strong relationship management and stakeholder skills, including experience in communicating with Senior Management.
- Strong programme / project management skills.
- Operational Risk & Compliance Background.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Effective influencing and negotiation skills.
- Adept at problem solving.
- Familiarity with the relevant Business Unit and TAL-wide procedures, policies and guidelines.
- Computer literacy and a good knowledge of relevant software.
- Excellent written and verbal skills in order to articulate technical issues associated
to the business stakeholders.
Work is a big part of this Australian life, and we work hard to make it one of the best parts. We want our employees to work in ways that suits their life and the nature of their role, so they feel able to meet their work life commitments and support their wellbeing. Everyone’s welcome to work for us – regardless of their age, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, intersex status or any disabilities they might be living with.
We know it’s the people we work with and experiences we share that make work meaningful and fulfilling, and we’d love for you to be part of it.
You don’t have to be an artist, adventurer, doer or dreamer, but it really helps.