|Location:||Perth, Western Australia|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
WHO WE ARE
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. We work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities. Our Mining division provides, contract mining and asset services to customers in the resources sector. As part of this team, you'll join a group who work together to deliver, safe, cost effective and environmental outcomes that exceed customer expectations.
An opportunity has arisen within Downer Mining, we are currently seeking an experienced, self-motivated and enthusiastic Civil Superintendent to join our team at the Eliwana Project (Civil Project) on a 8/6 Roster. Reporting to the Project Manager, as a key member of our team you will play an integral role in implementing the client's project requirements.
Your key responsibilities:
- Responsible for supervision and coordination of civil scope, work directly with the client and supervisors to oversee the day to day activities of the project
- Provide daily supervision to civil supervisors to achieve targets in a safe manner
- Provide leadership to the civil team to achieve targets
- Manages the day-to-day interface with subcontractors, providing a focus on safety and the environment, together with quality and engineering aspects.
- Promote a culture of continual improvement to achieve targets
- Work with Project Manager to prepare work schedules and assign and communicate priorities
- Assessing and schedule employees to specific tasks, projects, or areas to meet changing priorities
- Effectively contribute as a member of the civil leadership team to help deliver goals and outcomes
- Commits to and champions the development and implementation of a safe working environment for everyone on the project
- Ensure that risk management practices for personal risk assessments are undertaken and correct standard work practices are implemented and adhered to by all works teams.
- Liaise with Project Manager with daily, weekly and monthly work plans
- Possess a minimum of 5 years experience in a similar role within an civil construction environment
- Demonstrate positive safety leadership skills and safety behaviour
- Effective people management and development experience and skills
- Well-developed verbal and written communication skills
- Work planning and scheduling skills
- Experience in working for a medium to large civil operator
IN RETURN WE OFFER
- A diverse and inclusive work environment that fosters career development;
- Competitive and attractive remuneration and a range of Downer employee benefits;
- Autonomy and the ability bring your ideas into a receptive business
- A stimulating and challenging role in a dynamic ASX company; and
- An overriding commitment to Zero Harm
HOW TO APPLY
This exciting role offers you the opportunity to work in a dynamic environment and develop your career within a highly successful organisation. If you are passionate about what you do and motivated to succeed, apply now.
For further information please contact Pauline Rumley 6212 9519
You must be able to demonstrate you have the Right to Work in Australia.
All applications are held in strict confidence. Downer reserves the right to close this position at any time.
Downer does not accept any unsolicited resume referrals from Recruitment Agencies.