|Job Type:||Full Time|
Do you love solving complex problems, designing sophisticated solutions and building innovative technology for Australia’s largest organisations?
- Are you passionate about Digital Transformation?
- Do you embrace digital disruption?
- Are you convinced that the Fourth Industrial Revolution is fundamentally changing the way we live, work and relate to each other?
- Do you aspire to create the best customer experiences across Mobile App & Web, and User Experience (UX) & User Interface (UI)?
- Do you believe in creating powerful actionable insights from Data and Analytics?
Do you want to work in a diverse and flexible working environment?
New digital technologies and disruptive business models mean many organisations are struggling to keep pace with the transformative changes required to drive growth and meet customer demands. KPMG Digital Delta provides end-to-end digital innovation and transformation services to help overcome this challenge.
By designing and implementing new fit-for-purpose operating models, KPMG Digital Delta helps organisations to reframe their business models, improve operational productivity, create the best customer experiences, and enhance employee collaboration. We bring together best practice knowledge and technology, along with deep expertise across all industries.
More specifically, we re-imagine and re-invent organizations to become world class digital enterprises using advanced technologies, data and human insights. We help organisations to embrace Digital Strategy, Artificial Intelligence (AI) & Cognitive, the Internet of Things (IoT), Data, Analytics & Modelling, Mobile App & Web, and User Experience (UX) & User Interface (UI) and more.
We work with clients to:
- Formulate strategies that re-imagine organisations
- Harness innovation from the 4th industrial revolution
- Actioning insights from trusted data to consistently and quickly make clear decisions
- Build adaptive organisations
- Thrive as a connected enterprise – front, middle and back office
Your new role
The Technical Solution Architect takes responsibility for the architecture and design of the data and technological components that form our technological solutions. These solutions typically involve a combination of data engineering, machine learning, automated decisioning, integration and digital channel technology components across both on premise and cloud-based infrastructure.
You will work proactively to:
- Coherently communicate the business value and vision of Digital Delta capabilities.
- Deliver new and complex solutions to clients in response to varying business requirements or desired business outcomes.
- Understand and interpret business objectives and requirements to design and develop the Digital Delta architecture and component designs and perform software vendor assessments.
- Define technology roadmaps for proposed solutions and align these with the client’s operating constraints and prioritised objectives.
- Be responsible for solution design throughout the development lifecycle, from solution conception, through to successful implementation and iteration.
- Make sound design decisions to deliver functional and non-functional solutions around performance, availability, scalability, security and integrity.
- Develop level of effort estimates and resource skill requirements for solution development, testing and deployment.
- Lead technical solution delivery to ensure that the development, testing and deployment align with architectural intent.
- Provide thought leadership and subject matter expertise on leading vendors in areas of data engineering, analytics, data storage, integration, operational decisioning and process automation.
- Lead and manage a co-sourced team of specialists comprising of KPMG employees, sub-contractors, vendor specialists and client employees. Define and manage performance, cost, scope, schedule and quality for the team according to the team charter.
- Contribute to the definition and enhancement of technical architecture disciplines within the practice.
You bring to the role
- Clear evidence of the ability to architecturally design and deliver ‘leading edge’ data-driven solutions to strategic business problems is essential, including possessing advanced viewpoints on guiding architectural principles.
- Demonstrated experience in designing and delivering solutions containing elements of real-time and event based architectures and decisioning, information management, automation, operationalised analytics and machine learning, business process design and RPA, solution orchestration, and business rules engines.
- Demonstrated knowledge of analytical concepts, including complex data structures, data-warehouse / mart design approaches, analytical models, optimisation techniques and data mining.
- Possess a combination of high levels of IT technical expertise with significant understanding of business value drivers and strategic vision to enable effective targeting of technical solutions.
- Experience with a range of vendors and tools, and on premise and cloud infrastructure or services, including: AWS, Microsoft Azure, Adobe Campaign and Experience Manager, Salesforce, Teradata, Oracle, Big Data tools including Hadoop and Spark, IBM InfoSphere Information Server, Mulesoft, Kubernetes, Docker, and Jenkins.
- A disciplined approach to problem solving and an ability to critically assess a range of information to differentiate true business needs as opposed to user requests.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills with extensive experience explaining and presenting complex technical concepts to both Business and Technology focussed senior stakeholders.
- Proven ability to develop and manage enduring client relationships, engendering a sense of trust and respect.
- Possess a professional manner and have a positive personal presence with a high degree of personal awareness and desire to be a part of a high performing team.
- An enthusiasm for guiding and coaching junior consultants and developers on engagements.
- Capability in the scoping and pricing of engagements, designing a delivery team structure, and structuring and writing deliverables.
What we offer you
We offer rewarding careers for outstanding professionals, ongoing learning and development opportunities, a collaborative and inclusive culture, and flexible and agile work practices that focus on our people's wellbeing to drive innovation and entrepreneurship. We also believe that our business plays a distinct and vital role in helping solve important social and environmental issues; and use our unique skills and expertise to help create positive and lasting impacts for our communities.
We believe diversity of thought, background and experience strengthens relationships and delivers meaningful benefits to our people, our clients and communities. We are consistently recognised as an employer of choice for women, and our inclusive culture promotes the development of our people irrespective of gender, ethnicity, generation, flexible work status, family circumstances, sexual orientation or disability.
This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of KPMG and its ongoing success. So if you want a career where you can use your deep expertise to deliver real results, talk to us first.
Please apply for this position by submitting your confidential application online.