|Job Type:||Full Time|
The KYC CoE Lead will ensure that the globally set standards on policies are properly embedded locally and any potential local deviations (uplifts), as a result of regulatory requirements, are properly embedded and communicated.
He/she will actively and regularly liaise with the Global CoE (through Virtual communities) on developments and discuss content related matters from a local perspective.
This will involve providing content expertise on the implementation of various KYC-related laws & policies to the local teams that require content advice, and ensure the alignment with the other lines of defence. He/she will represent KYC 1st LoD in internal (content) interactions, acting as main point of contact for 2nd LoD.
The KYC CoE Lead is accountable for developing systems and controls to identify and detect patterns, developments and changes that are related to a customer’s behaviour, activities and transactions to ensure bank-wide compliance with laws and regulations relating to knowing our customers and business partners, in order to mitigate the risks of financial and economic crime. A key requirement of this role is to identify customer activities which can be indicators of Financial Economic Crime “FEC” risks. These indicators must be assessed to determine if ING’s products and services could be misused for criminal activities and to ensure appropriate escalation to ensure regulatory notification.
What are you going to do? You will be
- Undertake review and assessment of AML/CTF ‘KYC’ risks using the Systematic Integrity Risk Analysis (SIRA) methodology to identify risks related to the type of customers, industries, countries, products, services, transactions and distribution channels that could give rise to FEC
- Ensure processes are designed with risk appetite in mind and in line with minimum standards
- Be responsible for a number of local experts in the field of KYC, on topics such as Transaction Monitoring, Screening, CDD, RAS, SIRA and Risk & Quality Control management.
- Highlights opportunities and analyses problems detected; follows up on these matters with relevant team members and ensures the end to end solutions are timely implemented
- Develop, maintain and review a documented CAM and Intelligence framework that mitigates the relevant customer related risks identified in the SIRA risk assessment. Ensure the framework is appropriately reviewed by Compliance and regularly updated for changes in the risk profile.
- Develop, maintain and review CAM controls describing how to translate the KYC SIRA into CAM controls to be monitored to mitigate the FEC risks.
- Review CAM processes in order to keep the controls effective including back-testing and ensure all changes are appropriately reviewed and signed off by relevant stakeholders
- Responsible for Pre and Post Transaction Monitoring (PTM), including the scenarios, detection rules (CAM controls) and thresholds applied
- Involved in processes related to the FATCA/CRS Accounting
- Participate as active partner in the Global CoE Virtual community to ensure continuous improvement cycles
- Acts as key contact person regarding KYC related content topics towards 2nd line.
- Acts as 1st LoD representative of the Country ING organisation on the topic of KYC to internal and external stakeholders
What are we looking for? Someone who possess…
- Degree qualification in a business, management or finance discipline and demonstration of continued professional development in compliance, FEC and AML
- Minimum 5+ years’ experience in in retail banking or financial services in a risk role, preferably related to money laundering or fraud
- Have a vast track record of working in the area of KYC or AML and have a thorough understanding of the current market and regulatory conditions and challenges that the financial industry faces.
- Design and management of AML monitoring systems and Awareness of FEC compliance frameworks and controls
- Understanding of Banking regulatory requirements and legislation
- Proven experience in successful initiation and implementation of change
- Believe in the agile way of working, self-steering teams and empowering of colleagues.
- Are able to motivate teams and manage highly skilled individuals
At ING, we want to make life simpler and more worthwhile - for everyone who banks with us, for the people who work with us, and the community at large, too.
When you come to work at ING, you're joining a team where individuality isn't just accepted, it's encouraged. We've built a culture that's fun, friendly and supportive - it's the kind of place where you can be yourself and make the most of whatever you have to offer.
We give people the freedom to take risks, think differently, take ownership of their work, and make great things happen. We're here to help you get ahead. And with our global network, there's plenty of scope to take your career in new directions, perhaps even ones you've never considered.
People of all ages, sexual orientations, cultures and backgrounds are welcome to apply - likewise if you're living with a disability, or you have family or caring responsibilities.
Sound like the kind of place you'd feel at home? We'd love to hear from you.
(One last thing, ING operates a direct talent sourcing model. So no agency introductions, please.)