|Job Type:||Full Time|
Reporting to the Business Controls Office, this role will be responsible for supporting Retail teams in the identification and management of non-financial risk (operational, regulatory and compliance risks) in line with the Risk Appetite Statement, policies and regulatory obligations. This role forms an integral part of the Retail business 1st Line of Defence.
What are you going to do?
- Monitoring and tracking non-financial risk items (Issues and Events) and ensuring timely actioning aligned to policy and procedure
- Managing data quality and QA activities across systems including development of best practice guidelines
- Reporting, analysis and insights to support Retail business in effective identification and management of non-financial risks
- Working with Retail and Operations teams and 2nd Line of Defence teams (reporting to CRO) to drive improvements to processes, tools and systems used in management of non-financial risk
- Developing expertise in Bank Non-Financial Risk policies and standards to ensure compliance across the Retail business
- Support Planning & Operations team in achieving its objectives and core tasks eg.
- Ad hoc analysis or participation in projects
- Undertaking controls design or testing activities
- Participating in tool or system pilot activities
- Reviewing and providing input to policy changes or enhancements
- Developing training material or presentations to educate or share knowledge across business
What are we looking for? Someone who…
- has 5+ years of experience in Financial Services with exposure to risk and compliance
- has strong consulting and problem solving skills and is comfortable communicating with stakeholders across different levels
- has strong communication skills and is comfortable developing and delivering training
- has a passion for building team capabilities and driving process improvement
- wants more than the typical Operational Risk role and is interested in developing expertise across the breadth of Retail Banking & Wealth
At ING, we want to make life simpler and more worthwhile - for everyone who banks with us, for the people who work with us, and the community at large, too.
When you come to work at ING, you're joining a team where individuality isn't just accepted, it's encouraged. We've built a culture that's fun, friendly and supportive - it's the kind of place where you can be yourself and make the most of whatever you have to offer.
We give people the freedom to take risks, think differently, take ownership of their work, and make great things happen. We're here to help you get ahead. And with our global network, there's plenty of scope to take your career in new directions, perhaps even ones you've never considered.
People of all ages, sexual orientations, cultures and backgrounds are welcome to apply - likewise if you're living with a disability, or you have family or caring responsibilities.
Sound like the kind of place you'd feel at home? We'd love to hear from you.
(One last thing, ING operates a direct talent sourcing model. So no agency introductions, please.)