|Job Type:||Full Time|
Xero is beautiful accounting software that gives small businesses and their advisors real time access to accounting information, anytime, from anywhere. Our universe revolves around our customers and our mission to make their businesses more productive. We’re internationally acclaimed, award winning and have more than 1,000,000 customers worldwide.
Xero is committed to having a diverse workforce in all of its locations around the world. We offer competitive salary, equity in Xero, career progression, and a great environment and culture to make your time here enjoyable and purposeful. Check out our latest video of what it's like to work here.
Small business makes the world go round – it’s the heart of the global economy. At Xero we want millions of small businesses to thrive through better tools, information and connections. We aim to make being a small business more efficient and profitable, and more enjoyable too.
About the role
Improving the Xero user experience, the product and the platform by producing interactive designs for Xero’s online accounting service and its associated service delivery systems. The interaction designs define the interface architecture, workflow and visual design of these software applications.
Effectively collaborating with the Product People Portfolio and the wider team, customers and partners to successfully understand user needs and business objectives
What you will do
- Lead the development of concepts and solutions that improve the Xero user experience, the product, and the platform
- Address user needs in a holistic way, taking into account the total user experience across the platform and considering the broader user workflow
- Produce and share design prototypes showing how a user will experience your solution – design prototypes need to show both the interaction flow and visual design solution
- Collaborate with the product development and other related teams to set expectations for project scope and delivery timeframes
- Collaborate with the wider team to communicate and refine the solution, reducing it down to a solution that solves the problem in the most meaningful and elegant way which can be built and released within an urgent timeframe
- Collaborate with the design and product development teams to ensure project delivery meets deadlines and quality standards
- Collaborate with the wider design team to implement and improve design patterns, when needed invent new design patterns
- Promote design thinking across the entire business, so other people and teams think in terms of delivering a thoughtful, elegant and pleasant user experience
- Provide advice to the marketing and training teams to help communicate the benefits and advantages of the solutions you create
- Provide advice to the marketing and training teams to help maintain a consistent experience between the product and all related promotions and educational materials (website, videos, ads, presentations, training)
- Able to work closely with technical and non-technical users in parallel
- An innovative and positive team player with a “can do” attitude
- Fast learner, detail oriented, decisive, and enjoy fast paced work environments
- Diligence and commitment to following through and resolving problems
- Relevant Bachelor Degree qualification
- 5+ years experience in a Creative Web Design or similar position
- Experience with accounting software would be an advantage
Xero is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity, foster innovation and reward success.
If you want to come to work with friends every single day and help to make Xero even more special, please apply!
Given the currently evolving COVID-19 situation, Xero Australia is now working remotely, which means our recruitment processes will also be conducted remotely.
We're continuously monitoring the situation and are currently working through a range of considerations and adjustments, that will need to be made during this time in regards to recruitment at Xero.
We thank you in advance for understanding, and your patience during this time as things may move a little slower or a little differently.