|Job Type:||Full Time|
Come build the future with us! We are a company of builders with varying backgrounds,
ideas and points of view who invent on behalf of our customers.
Do you love tackling new business challenges using cutting edge technology? Do you have a
history of creatively solving traditional business challenges? Can you do it at pace and at
As a Solutions Architect (SA) within Amazon Web Services (AWS), you will have the
opportunity to help shape and deliver on a strategy to build mind share and broad use of
AWS within key customer accounts. We are looking for some who is passionate about…
- Solving complex problems across a broad spectrum of IT disciplines
- Thinking BIG and help customers forge their vision of the future
- Exploring, learning and building on new technologies and discovering new ways of
- Helping customers achieve meaningful business outcomes through use of
- Publicly sharing “the art of the possible” with customer, partners and communities
- Collaboration and whiteboarding of ideas
Your broad responsibilities will include owning the technical engagement and ultimate
success of customer implementation projects, developing a deep expertise in AWS
technologies, and broad know-how around how applications and services are constructed
using the AWS platform.
The ideal candidate will possess experience working in or leading teams at fast-moving
companies within the tech industry; have customer facing skills that will allow them to
represent Amazon well within a customer’s environment and drive discussions with senior
personnel, and a technical background that enables them to easily interact and give
guidance to software developers and architects. Candidates should also have a
demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Serve as a key technical member of the Solutions Architecture team in helping to
ensure customer success in building applications and services on the AWS platform
- Scope each customer engagement, with attention towards clear and well-defined
objectives and success criteria
- Own each technical engagement, and help ensure a timely and successful delivery of
- Capture and share best-practice knowledge among the SA community
- Understand the AWS market segments, customer base, and industry verticals
- Understand and use internal Amazon systems
Want to learn more about being a Solutions Architect at AMAZON Web Services? Follow the
Why work at Amazon?
- A chance to work with some of the smartest people in tech today who like to have
fun and make history
- Working on the cloud platform with the largest global footprint and the largest
number of services available today – the “Toy Box” is HUGE
- Be part of the most Customer Obsessed company in the world!
- Describe a recent technology project that you built?
- Explain how you decide which tech to use to solve a given problem?
- Outline the key decisions you'd need to make when designing a distributed and
- Whiteboard architectures for highly available, secure systems?
- Walk someone through the benefits and drawbacks of a microservices architecture?
- Run through the differences between various version control systems?
- Explain what a CDN is and what value it offers users?
If you answered “yes” to at least four of the above, we want to talk to you!
- Computer Science or Math background highly desired; working knowledge of
software development practices and technologies highly desired
- Degree in engineering, computer science or equivalent