|Job Type:||Full Time|
CPB Contractors is the CIMIC Group's construction company and a leading international construction contractor, with operations across Australia, New Zealand and Papua New Guinea.
Combining the expertise and track record formerly delivered by Leighton Contractors and Thiess, we deliver projects spanning all key sectors of the construction industry, including roads, rail, tunnelling, defence and building.
Our Mission is to generate sustainable returns for our shareholders by delivering projects for our clients, while providing safe, rewarding and fulfilling careers for our people.
We need people who are talented, motivated and disciplined, and who have a strong work ethic that drives them to succeed.
About the Project
The Monash Freeway is in Melbourne’s fast growing south east and outer south-east region and the $761M design and construct project will expand the Monash from eight to 10 lanes slashing nearly ten minutes off the morning peak hour commute and better connect the Monash to Eastlink.
Works include the addition of 36 kilometres of new lanes to the Monash Freeway, upgrading the Beaconsfield interchange with new freeway ramps, the extension and widening of O’Shea Road and the roll out of the Freeway Lane Management System to better manage traffic flows.
Construction is scheduled to start in early 2020 and be completed in 2022.
We are currently seeking applications for an experienced Cost Planner to provide cost planning services and technical support to ensure team members are adequately informed, enabling the design to develop in line with project expectations.
As Cost Planner, you will be accountable for:
- Reviewing design packages as they are developed to identify areas of possible cost increase
- Providing cost estimates of potential cost increases due to design growth
- Ongoing monitoring and reporting of design growth
- Liaising with design team members to address and resolve design driven cost increases
- Providing cost estimates of proposed design or construction options
Requirements for this role are:
- Qualifications in Civil Engineering or Quantity Surveying
- 5+ years’ experience in an estimating role in the construction industry working on large civil infrastructure projects
- Relationship building, influencing and negotiation skills
- Effective problem-solving techniques and skills
- Effective time management skills and planning including sequencing of work, of own and resource time management
The Monash Freeway Upgrade is committed to maximising the potential of all our people. This means having an inclusive culture that values and sustains diversity. To achieve this, we are focused on:
- Embedding flexible work practices
- Providing development opportunities for our people
- Leaders championing and supporting our people to succeed
- Actively looking to attract and promote from within and putting support structures in place to help them succeed.
If you are interested in this role and meet the above requirements, please apply below.
We support diversity in the workplace. Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people with a multicultural background are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please note: This role is being sourced through CPB Contractors directly and we will not accept applications via external recruitment agencies.