|Job Type:||Full Time|
Downer New Zealand is a leading provider of integrated services. Our commitment to building long term relationships and supporting our customers with high calibre services and solutions; the talents of our people; and consistent excellence in operational delivery sets us apart.
Our Nelson team is growing with a large pipeline renewal and rehab projects coming our way. We’re looking for some terrific Site Traffic Management Supervisors to join our crew.
- Good working conditions, job security, and an hourly rate that is both generous and rewarding!
- Permanent full time (minimum 40 hours per week)
- Excellent opportunities for further training and career progression to those who work hard and demonstrate willingness to learn.
This is a position where you will be able to achieve results daily!
What would you be doing?
You will play a huge part in our traffic management team where you’ll be working on traffic management plans, managing crews and supervising Traffic Controllers on site. What does this mean?
- You will put signs and cones out
- Assist with stop/go – driving activities
- You’ll also make sure both your team and the public are safe at all times as we carry out maintenance activities in the Tasman area.
In addition, you’ll be required to carry out other duties assisting crews with pavement repairs, pipe laying, asphalt work and other maintenance work as assigned on a day to day basis.
Along with your positive attitude and your ability to work in a team there are a few essentials to what we are looking for - we are looking for people who are passionate about Traffic Management. You will have a STMS Level 1 Qualification and/or Traffic Control Certification.
You’ll also have:
- Class 1 Full New Zealand drivers licence
- Clear communication and relationship building skills
- Proven time management skills work and able to work unsupervised demonstrating independence and drive
How to apply:
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, head to www.downercareers.co.nz and enter reference number 565039 to apply.
Downer NZ is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive culture.
Our workplaces are drug and alcohol free - all successful applicants will be required to undertake a pre-employment drug test and medical.
Due to the fast-paced nature of Downer, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change, so don't delay and make sure you apply as soon as possible.
Please note we have an in-house recruitment team that manage all our vacancies. No candidates presented through an agency will be considered for any of our roles advertised, unless previously arranged. We would strongly encourage all candidates interested in these roles, to apply directly online through the portal provided otherwise your application will not be considered.