|Job Type:||Full Time|
NOTE: This role is not about data governance, this is about the governance of the software delivery IT operations and the quality of the data the team is generating as part of their software delivery.
- Lead, inspire and influence with innovation and thought leadership and continually improve our delivery quality and practices
- Drive risk and quality across Data services and Platforms through uplifting our people and process capabilities
- Build and shape this new function with a high degree of autonomy
You will drive the ongoing development of the Data Services and Platforms team, so that this 400+ team works in harmony, delivering process uplift and operational excellence in a dynamic team that is transforming the way data is shared, transformed and consumed across the organisation.
You love analysing data and can clearly articulate to others what is happening through data. You will drive risk and quality across Data services and Platforms through uplifting our people and process capabilities, always focused on operational excellence.
You will understand how to build effective processes with tools use as Jira/Clarity/Rally enabling a smooth flow of work with high transparency, and be passionate about fostering effective collaboration across teams through knowledge sharing tools and activities.
You will be a proven leader with the ability to build, upskill and motivate teams and will have experience in making sound decisions and judgments, leading large-scale software delivery projects and balancing competing objectives. Your experience in a role within a large organisation PMO with key skills in process improvement, Agile delivery and Vendor management, will ensure your success in this role.
Day to day you will:
- Review the status of projects and understand root causes of inefficient delivery.
- Run the leadership team operationally, acting as the senior operational officer of data services and platforms.
- Leverage “New ways of Working” agile methodologies, cloud designed accounting practices, modern quality assurance frameworks and internally developed risk frameworks to develop the DS&P delivery governance framework ensuring the team delivers quality software and data to achieve the required level of consistency and protection to meet overall business needs.
- Regular review of risks and issues of portfolio with mitigations in place to support delivery of business outcomes
- Develop DS&Ps balanced scorecard using metrics that will provide business outcomes and be reviewed continually to ensure we move with the business.
- Define and manage standards, guidelines and processes to ensure the team delivers software and data quality that drive business value
- Support successful quality changes through communication and change management with DS&P
- Influence with innovation and thought leadership and continually improve our delivery quality and practices
- Source business industry partners to gain insights, innovation and understanding to develop continually develop our capability and practices.
- Manage vendors, ensuring you have appropriate measures for controlling cost in place. Manage potential risks related to vendors, ensure excellent service deliverability and ensure expected value is derived
- Maintain and apply a broad understanding of financial management principles, ensuring decisions are fiscally sound and responsible.
- Lead and motivate team members including demonstrating organizational behaviours, coaching, mentoring, performance management and identify learning and development needs that support the capability uplift needed across DS&P.
With more than 35,000 people serving 10 million customers in Australia and around the world, we need to be good with money. And we need to be just as good with people too.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome diversity in the workplace.
From education and volunteer leave to learning benefits and banking discounts, we offer access to a wide range of employee benefits. For more information please visit here.
If you think this role is the right fit for you, we invite you to apply. Let’s have a serious but informal chat about who you are and what drives you. We’d love to share our vision for the future of banking.
To be eligible to apply, you must have Australian or New Zealand citizenship or permanent residency status. Please note candidate screening and interviews may be conducted prior to the closing date of the job advert.
*Please note unsolicited CVs from agencies will not be accepted.