|Location:||Brisbane, United States|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Downer provides solutions for minerals processing and separation across Australia, New Zealand, China, Canada, Indonesia, South Africa, Canada and Russia. Our customers benefit from the technical expertise and leading-edge technologies delivered by our subsidiaries, Mineral Technologies, QCC Resources and Snowden.
Due to continued business growth, we are now seeking a highly driven, well-rounded professional to build and lead a multi-discipline engineering team based from our Florida office. Reporting to the General Manager – Minerals Engineering & International Projects, the North American Lead Project Engineer's primary focus will be driving business growth by way of promoting the Mineral Technologies capability within the NA mineral processing sector. Leaning on the expertise of our high-performing design and project delivery teams and leveraging off existing client relationships and a solid industry reputation, you will be supported to deliver quality client outcomes. However, it is expected as our work pipeline grows, you will build and develop a local design team that can interface and collaborate with the existing international group.
As a strong leader dedicated to the successful execution of engineering design projects, this role will see you:
- Work closely with the Business Development and Strategic Growth team to maximise business opportunities and identify work pipeline prospects;
- Manage the bids and proposals pipeline in the NA market, ensuring activities are planned and prioritised, resources are available, and consistent processes, tools and templates are used in preparation of bids and estimates;
- Act as PDM/Bid Lead/Key Customer Account Manager for key prospects where required and identified in the bid win strategy;
- Work with the engineering and supporting functions to achieve EPC and D&C outcomes to the highest standards in alignment with Downer Project Management fundamentals;
- Liaise with clients regarding provision of required technical documentation and data;
- Provide a competitive project delivery capability that enables EPC on selected resources projects by forming close relationships with Downer’s Construction group and providing engineering service to win;
- Ensure projects are resourced with suitably skilled personnel, with a focus on appointing highly competent Project Managers, for the tasks at hand and scheduled at the right time in the project;
- Oversee project estimates, financial forecasting and effective resourcing of engineering design projects ensuring a focus on cost minimisation where appropriate;
- Continuously adjust resources to ensure non-billable department overhead is as low as possible at all times;
- Evaluate and forecast existing customer needs to make recommendations for future work winning opportunities;
- Work with relevant stakeholders to maximise business opportunities and deliver our forward work pipeline to exceed revenue and EBIT targets;
- Promote and drive innovative thinking, creative problem-solving and an environment that embraces new ideas;
- Embed and encourage a client-centric attitude amongst all department personnel.
To be considered for this role, you will have:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications (a background in Metallurgy or Process/Mechanical Engineering will be advantageous);
- Experience in and exposure to the design phase of multi-disciplinary projects in beneficiation and materials handling;
- Strong capability in and willingness to focus on Business Development as part of your broader role scope;
- Hard dollar EPC project management experience within the mineral processing sector is advantageous;
- Plant commissioning experience within the mineral processing sector is advantageous;
- Commercial astuteness and be results-driven with well-developed communication, interpersonal and influencing skills;
- A strong ability to rapidly grasp the nuances of client needs in complex situations with competing demands;
- Ability to structure appropriate solutions to meet client needs and address problem areas;
- An aptitude for senior management decision making and complex problem solving across people, projects, finances, client relations, and contracts;
- A strategic mind-set, appetite for innovation and tendency to think ‘outside the box’;
- And finally, a genuine enthusiasm for leading, mentoring and developing your team to work towards a common objective of exceeding your clients’ expectations.
As an employer who embraces Equal Opportunity and promotes diversity, we encourage men and women of all ages and backgrounds, to apply. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.