|Job Type:||Full Time|
Build your career and Australia’s future.
Not many people can say they are working on building Australia’s future.
With us you’ll be doing just that, leaving a legacy for all Australians. Plus, there’s equal employment, great training and true flexible working arrangements
A bit about your role
The Infrastructure Services Primary Linux SME will be the key Linux SME/Architect for supporting nbn’s Linux environment within the Data Centres and Public Cloud.
This position is the Subject Matter Expert for Linux and the owner of the environment. It will be based around supporting the Linux design, architecture at the level before vendor engagement and some of the key accountabilities in this role will be:
- “Run the platform” providing to the business a secure, stable, resilient infrastructure for running core business.
- Design Linux solutions compliant with client requirements and security standards
- Manages the Linux OS and SOE across Data Centres and Public Cloud as Subject Matter Expert
- Provide Third Level Support (before Vendor Escalation) on Unix/Linux (RHEL) Operating Systems.
- Participate in Major Incidents as needed when Linux expertise is required.
- Delivery of Capacity Planning and Release Management of the Linux platform – drive and execute necessary patches and upgrades
- Perform Periodic and Preventative Maintenance operational tasks
- Implementation of automation tools in provisioning and management
- On-Job Training and Mentoring
A bit about you
In this role, the Infrastructure Services Primary Linux SME will have past success managing complex Linux and UCS environments with mission critical application. A solid background in Linux support and management with a focus on design and upgrades.
Your expertise will include some knowledge of Public Cloud (AWS) and in addition to this, your experience will include architecting and designing solutions involving:
- Linux automation – Ansible preferred
- Patch Management for Linux – Satellite and Spacewalk preferred
- Winbind/DNS/ AD
- Mid-Range and Blade Servers
- Operating Systems secure configuration and baseline
- Multi-Tier Storage
- Backup and Restore Infrastructure and software
- Clustering Technologies
- SOE / OS Provisioning across Data Centre and Public Cloud
- Capacity Management
- Scripting in any language
Life at nbn
Nbn can become your home for a dynamic and complete cybersecurity career. This critical national infrastructure company offers positions across all the major domains of cybersecurity from future forecasting, policy development, architecture, design, development, operations, crisis management, risk assessment, supply chain security, behavioural analytics and forensics, from apprentice positions to those of senior executive management – collectively providing you an unbridled set of career opportunities.
No matter where you want to take your career in cybersecurity or telecommunications, nbn offers career paths, training and experience to help you achieve your goal. Nbn is seeking to make you a highly skilled employee, proud of your company and of your accomplishments.
At nbn our people have a clear and shared purpose - empowering Australians to and redefine the way they live, work and play into the future. As one of the Australia’s largest infrastructure projects ever undertaken in Australian history, you’ll be part of a team building a brighter future for the country.
nbn is committed to an inclusive, flexible and supportive workplace. We strive to ensure that any barriers that may exist are removed to allow everyone equal opportunity to thrive and succeed, regardless of factors such as gender, those who identify as First Peoples, LGBTI+ status, cultural background or disability. We actively focus on encouraging diversity and ensuring that all our people have fair opportunity to reach their career aspirations and potential.
We actively focus on our people having a fair go at reaching their career aspirations. We’re committed to equal opportunities for all employees, with a target of 33% of women in senior management by 2020. With initiatives like Women’s Leadership Programs, a commitment to equal pay, flexibility and market leading parental leave, we truly are paving the way for true equality in the workplace.
Please note that this role is available on a 24-Month Max Term Contract.
Continue the conversation
If you think this role might be for you, we want to hear from you. Please apply by following the links and sending in your resume only. We do not require a cover letter or any selection criteria to be addressed.
At nbn our people and our planet matter. We have an unwavering commitment to the wellbeing and safety of our employees so that everyone goes home safely each day and can perform at their peak to deliver the nbn™ network. nbn also aims to build a network that minimises energy use and can be operated with minimal impact on the environment.