|Location:||Perth, Western Australia|
WHO WE ARE
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
As part of the Mining Team you'll join a group of innovative thinkers who work together to deliver market-leading, safe, cost effective and environmentally friendly outcomes that exceed customer expectations.
Downer Mining continues to strive forward with our WA projects in 2020;
- Cape Preston
As a result, we are seeking several experienced Ancillary Grader and Watercart Operators to join the Downer team.
Reporting to the Production Supervisor, as a key member of a high performing team you will play an integral role in implementing the Client's project requirements. You will perform safe and effective production outcomes and continuous improvement principles pertaining to surface excavation, whilst operating mobile plant equipment.
As an Grader Operator you will be able to demonstrate:
- 2 years+ experience operating a Grader
- Experienced 14M and 16M Series
- Experienced in Final Trim
As a Watercart Operator you will be able to demonstrate:
- 2 years+ experience operating a Watercart
- Civil & Mining experience will be highly regarded
- 2 years operating within an Open Cut Mining environment
A high level of initiative and the ability to work well under pressure. Effective communication skills and Safety focus with a high attention to detail to abide by site safety processes.
IN RETURN WE OFFER
- Competitive hourly rates
- The benefits of secure, full time employment including leave entitlements, superannuation and numerous financial, lifestyle, health & well being benefits including salary sacrifice flights, novated leasing, discounts and support programs.
- Great systems, procedures, equipment and people with an overriding commitment to Zero Harm
- An opportunity to join a diverse and inclusive leading-edge business with operations throughout WA
Our Ancillary Grader and Watercart roles are fly in fly out from Perth, operating on a 2/1 roster. We promote a healthy work life balance which includes excellent on-site living facilities including modern en-suite rooms with flat screen TV Foxtel and a well-equipped gymnasium.
This is an exciting opportunity for you to further your career in a permanent position with an established organisation, on some of WA's largest Iron Ore sites. If you fit the above criteria and have passion and drive to contribute to the ongoing development of Downer Mining, we would like to hear from you.
Please apply with your current resume to this application.