|Job Type:||Full Time|
We have two rare & extremely exciting General Manager - Architecture positions available in Auckland & Wellington.
Here at Xero we are all about people and building beautiful experiences for our customers. We are well on our way to fulfilling our vision of making a positive impact on the world by growing small businesses and connecting our customers to the financial services they need every day through our beautiful, cloud-based accounting platform.
Working at Xero will provide you with a diverse and inclusive environment alongside people who will respect, challenge, support and mentor you to have fun while you do the best work of your life. We are a place where personal development, innovation, and change are not only inspired but also celebrated. We value our people and want them to enjoy and take pride in their work.
About the team
Our Engineering & Architecture team sits within our Technology area of the business You will be joining us at an exciting time as we continue to evolve, scale and transform Xero’s architecture to support our customer needs around the globe. The architects of Xero have been recently brought together into these two teams, but remain heavily embedded in the functions that they support adding value every day to our Product and Technology teams. They are an engaged, skilled and passionate bunch of #humans, and deserve amazing support and coaching from dedicated, professional leaders.
About the roles
You will be accountable for a particular area of Xero’s architecture and for managing, growing and developing the leadership team of Xero architects that are embedded in the teams.
You will cultivate strong relationships across the organisation, working closely with other senior business leads to ensure that architectural practice and delivery is aligned with accelerating the delivery of the best possible product to Xero’s customers.
You will provide strategic, commercial, and technical oversight across your team to ensure alignment with overall Xero strategy and cross-organisational architectural outcomes, owning the communication with stakeholders around the globe, and building empathy for and understanding of your users, customers, and markets.
This is a senior role so to be successful you will need to have:
- Extensive architectural experience across multiple technical and business domains
- Experience with and expert knowledge of architecture frameworks and methodologies - particularly those compatible with agile software delivery
- Extensive experience leading and coaching technical leaders and maintaining high-performing, distributed teams of technical experts
- Expert level experience with Agile processes and techniques, and all aspects of modern software development
- Proven experience collaborating with a diverse stakeholder group to realise commercial outcomes
- Solid track record of addressing customer and architectural needs through innovative use of technology
- A proven ability to influence outcomes at all levels
- Extensive experience working with architecture and software development projects at scale
- Demonstrated experience in defining technology roadmaps and planning
- Experience in setting and executing on global strategy
- Budget and financial management experience
- The ability to design and implement effective processes for process design
- #ownership and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- The ability to break down complex problems, deliver pragmatic solutions and able to manage changing priorities
- A strong understanding of platform and cloud technologies and solutions
- Strong skills in managing strategy, business delivery, financial planning and building high performing diverse teams
- Excellent written, interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
What success looks like
- An advocate for building quality software that enables product and technology teams
- A senior ambassador and champion for Xero
- The unique value proposition for architecture at Xero is clearly defined, well articulated and widely communicated
- The longer term architectural vision for Xero’s product and technology capabilities is clearly articulated, regularly updated, and expertly balances short, medium and longer-term architectural needs with those of the product teams and our customers.
- The key processes for delivery of architectural value are defined, consistently adhered to, and regularly reviewed to ensure maximum effectiveness and efficiency of the architecture function
- Xero’s architecture community is well managed and resourced, and is rated by the architects and key stakeholders as world-class (if not the best imaginable!)
You will also enjoy all of the perks that comes with being a Xero:
- Xero shares, life insurance and enhanced leave
- A bright modern office with plenty of break out spaces
- Casual dress code
- Career development and ongoing training
- Barista coffee machines and free fresh fruit every day
- Access to wellness programs, discounted gym memberships, fitness classes
If this sounds like you, get in touch!Xero is a NZ Immigration Accredited Employer and is Rainbow Tick accredited too.