|Job Type:||Full Time|
Who are we?
At Xero, we’re here to make running a business beautiful. By making small business more efficient every day, connecting them with big business technology and empowering a community behind them, their potential is limitless. When that happens, we’re not only helping small business, we’ll be building a stronger economy that can change the world.
How you’ll make an impact
Your mission will be to "provide exceptional support services within beautiful work environments that inspire and enable staff to create beautiful outcomes.”
The Wellington Workplace Experience Manager will support the NZ Head of Workplace Experience to deliver a world-class workplace experience. You'll do this by providing high-quality office space and in-house service solutions for our Wellington based Xero staff.
A typical day in this role will be extremely varied, and is often fast paced, so we’ll need you to be calm under pressure and able to juggle multiple priorities effectively. You’ll need to love getting to know people and genuinely care about creating an awesome work environment for your team, your colleagues and yourself. You could be dealing with local stakeholders or contributing to a global project impacting the daily lives of every Xero.
What you’ll do
- Support the local Workplace Experience team in delivering a world-class Workplace and experience for staff and visitors.
- Ensure a common approach to providing these services, which aligns with the teams strategy, across the local property portfolio while achieving a quality work environment in a cost effective manner.
- Build day to day relationships with key stakeholders across the business to provide insight into space needs across the regions in a timely manner.
- Provide Education and support to the business around our current Activity Based Working model
- Assist the New Zealand Workplace Experience team in providing support and assistance to staff in the regions offices. This includes, but is not limited to, assisting with on site events, booking travel, carrying out workstation assessments, carrying out adhoc project work.
- Regularly review supplier relationships/arrangements and make recommendations on opportunities for improvement.
- Assist with Negotiation and management of service contracts to ensure services are delivered within the approved budgets and standards.
- Provide regular reporting and analysis on contracts and facilities spend to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Assist with the creation and management of OPEX & CAPEX budgets for the region ensuring all financial policies and processes are followed, including purchase ordering, invoicing, expense claims and DFA.
- Implement and maintain processes, as appropriate, for all sites that ensures all meeting rooms, kitchen facilities and reception areas are well presented, stocked and maintained.
- Liaise with internal staff and external contractors, to ensure that all user needs will be met and that maintenance projects are undertaken in line with team strategy and in a cost effective manner.
- Manage the processes and management systems for ensuring compliance with health, safety, environmental and security legislation and company requirements.
- Manage the implementation, monitoring and provision of reporting on health, safety, environmental and security performance within each office.
- Assist with property acquisition, disposal and lease negotiations as required.
- Manage fit out and build work projects within the regions as required.
- Promote and demonstrate the Xero Values within the team; Human, Champion, Challenge, Ownership, Beautiful.
What you’ll bring with you
- Exceptional customer service skills with significant experience in facilities/workplace management across multiple sites.
- A background leading a team, idealy including front of house/ reception functions
- Experience with office relocations/reconfigurations, project managing commercial fit outs or similar
- Familiarity with contract and supplier management
- Excellent organisational and planning skills with the ability to effectively prioritise workload
- Strong communications skills, both written and verbal
- Experience in working within formal management systems (such as ISO standards) would be an advantage.
- Prior working knowledge of AutoCAD or similar drafting package.
Why you want to join Xero
At Xero you’ll find a bunch of awesome, diverse humans who love coming into work. Everyone loves it for different reasons. We're a big big part of the small business community and you'll find Xeros attending and speaking at conferences, hosting meetups and generally being evangelical about small business and its value to the global economy.
We truly value our people and there’s an awesome package on offer that includes competitive base salary, Xero shares, Life Insurance and other benefits too.
We champion innovation, foster inclusion and celebrate success. We also live and breathe our values everyday. #Human is one of Xero's values, please outline in your application what makes you #human at work.
Xero is an accredited employer with NZ Immigration and is Rainbow Tick Certified too.