|Job Type:||Full Time|
Our SMB Business
The Optus Small and Medium Business (SMB) team is a team of passionate experts who help Australian businesses with a range of services including mobile, fixed landlines, cloud and ICT solutions, networking, broadband, satellite and entertainment services.
Our customers are our focus, and they’re growing, and growing fast. We must be anticipating the needs and requirements of our existing and new customers, by providing them game changing experiences
The Senior Risk Manager, SMB (Small Medium Business) will partner with the SMB business by advising and providing support to ensure all business related risks are known and managed effectively which enable strategic, operational, financial, and compliance objectives to be met. This role has a matrix reporting line to both the Head of Risk and Head of the SMB Business Unit.
- Collaborate with the business unit leadership team to implement the Optus Risk Management Framework.
- Support the leadership team to complete risk assessments and design, implement and maintain an effective control environment with consideration to both efficiency and effectiveness for control design, verification, and testing.
- Support Business Units leadership team to develop and maintain documented business processes.
- Liaise with representative of Optus Group Risk Management (Line 2 Risk Function) to facilitate risk reporting and business continuity planning in line with the Optus Risk Management Framework requirements.
- Liaise with representative of Optus Group Internal Audit (Line 3 Audit Function) to facilitate the preparation of the Internal Audit Plan, the scheduling of Internal Audits, the Business Units input to Internal Audit Terms of Reference, the execution of Internal Audit field work and reporting.
- Support the Business Unit to undertake risk assessment and impact assessments of change and improvements.
- Co-ordinate the monitoring of agreed management action status and reporting.
- Oversee the integrity of the data contained in the Optus Governance Risk and Compliance system for their respective Business Unit.
- Conduct analysis and prepare period insights reports into trends and exception to the Business Units risk management and compliance performance.
- Prepare reports and contribute in ways in which the Business Unit’s risk and compliance status and performance are transparent and reported at an organization level to contribute to an enterprise view.
- Develop and support the team members, including performance feedback, coaching and professional development.
The SMB Senior Risk Manager will use resources within the SMB organisation to look into processes used by both internal and external teams (in particular the SMB internal and external sales teams) and ensure they are documented and updated by relevant process owners. A core mandate of the Senior Risk Manager role is not to work directly as part of any of the business teams – true separation of duties, responsibilities, and accountability is critical in this role.
In this role analysing, tracking, and presentation of insights, issues, and remedial action plans to deliver greater profitability by managing risk will occur daily. Likely audiences and stakeholders include the internal Audit Committee, SMB Senior Leadership Team, members of the Optus Executive Leadership Team, Singtel Group Risk, external auditors and external governing bodies such as Australian Communications & Media Authority and Telecommunications Industry Ombudsman. Where an enforceable undertaking is put upon SMB by one of these bodies the SMB Senior Risk Manager will be a key liaison between Optus and the regulator in question.
Prior experience acting autonomously in an executive role whilst maintaining a considered logical approach will be of highly regarded.
Are you passionate about
Building Organisational Capability & Championing Change Constantly assessing the level of effectiveness of the organisation, resources and processes and suggesting changes to strategies, plans and processes which lead to increased effectiveness.
Customers you thrive in identifying, developing and maintaining profitable long-term internal and external customer relationships and work effectively with internal and external partners to meet customer requirements.
Influence & Engagement - you take people on the journey with you and your colleagues understand the value to the business and customers of your role
Together, let’s create something amazing.
Optus believes in the strength of a vibrant, diverse and inclusive workforce where backgrounds, perspectives and life experiences of our people help us innovate and create strong connections with our customers.
Due to the fast paced nature of our business, vacancy close dates may change, so make sure you apply today!