|Job Type:||Full Time|
Our SMB Business
The Optus Small and Medium Business (SMB) team is a team of passionate experts who help Australian businesses with a range of services including mobile, fixed landlines, cloud and ICT solutions, networking, broadband, satellite and entertainment services.
Our customers are our focus, and they’re growing, and growing fast. We must be anticipating the needs and requirements of our existing and new customers, by providing them game changing experiences
At Optus, we’re striving to become a world class provider of SMB customer solutions by working in new ways to deliver game-changing experiences to customers and improve our competitive position. As we continue our journey to delivering a ‘World Class’ SMB customer sales operation, we have an increasing focus on sales execution and capability, to drive both growth and a great customer experience. The National Manager Reseller Partners is a key leadership role in the SMB Sales division reporting to the Associate Director Partner Channels and has direct accountability for the strategy development and execution, and direct relationship and business performance with the key state based and national retail reseller partners who buy from Optus and sell Optus SMB products (branded or white labelled) directly to Optus customers to deliver the National sales, customer and commercial objectives. The reseller channel is a new focus area for Optus SMB and has been identified as one that requires a very strict channel management set-up to unlock what is seen to be significant customer and commercial opportunities over the next 3 years. The role has direct responsibility for the relationship with the reseller partners - including the direct management of the day-to-day relationships and strict governance of regulatory and compliance obligations. The role holds full and complete accountability for the commercial performance and growth of the reseller portfolio – including number and type of reseller partners, as well as any necessary contract management, product design and commercial considerations for each partnership.
- Represent Optus as the key strategic lead with all SMB reseller partners (branded and white label)
- Build Reseller Partner channel strategies and execute them to optimise the Optus presence and performance in the local state and national markets
- Define and deliver the distribution strategy for the Reseller Partners to maximise customer reach and outcomes
- Develop and oversee strict regulatory and compliance protocols to ensure legitimacy of the channel and the customer interactions
- Own the development and execution of the annual Reseller Partner operating plan – including the strategic and tactical requirements to be delivered
- Oversee and direct the design and implementation of all Reseller Partner incentives and rewards (including commissions)
- Have a deep understanding of the reseller market competitive landscape and actively seek to improve performance and stay ahead of them.
- Deal promptly with any partner or account-based issues. Resolve conflict that has been escalated.
Who Are We Looking For ?
Your Experience, Attributes and Skills will include
- Senior sales account / business management experience
- Sales and commercial experience within SMB
- Highly regulated and compliance-oriented sales / channel management environments
- Working with 3rd party channel partners in both branded and unbranded (white label) market environments
- Developing large scale partner channel sales programs
- Financial acumen, including balance sheets, P&L and cash flow and Capital budget management.
- Leadership capacity and management ability including relationship development and team building.
- Leading change.
- Innovative thought and problem solving.
Are you passionate about
Building Organisational Capability & Championing Change Constantly assessing the level of effectiveness of the organisation, resources and processes and suggesting changes to strategies, plans and processes which lead to increased effectiveness.
Customers You will thrive in identifying, developing and maintaining profitable long-term internal and external customer relationships and work effectively with internal and external partners to meet customer requirements.
Together, let’s create something amazing.
Optus believes in the strength of a vibrant, diverse and inclusive workforce where backgrounds, perspectives and life experiences of our people help us innovate and create strong connections with our customers.
Due to the fast paced nature of our business, vacancy close dates may change, so make sure you apply today!