|Job Type:||Full Time|
A career at Arup offers you the chance to make a positive difference in the world. Independently owned and independently minded, Arup is the creative force at the heart of many of the world’s most prominent projects in the built environment. We offer a broad range of professional services that combine to make a real difference to our clients and the communities in which we work.
We are truly global, and our 14,000 planners, designers, engineers and consultants around the world deliver innovative projects with creativity and passion.
To be successful in this role, you will have previous experience in civil drafting and design which will aim to enhance the team’s portfolio of skills and expertise in this area.
You will ideally have:
- Recognised relevant qualifications in Drafting or Engineering and relevant industry experience in Civil Drafting / Designing within a consulting business environment.
- Membership of relevant professional institutions/professional peer bodies or significant credit towards eligibility for membership.
- Experience in the operation of software design tools including AutoCAD and Bentley MicroStation packages. Knowledge of 12D/MX/Civil 3D is desirable.
- Familiar with Bentley ProjectWise and the application of the Common Data Environment.
- Knowledge of with the Documentation standards of Roads and Maritime Services and Transport for NSW.
- Ability to communicate with people at all levels in both technical and non-technical environments.
- Effective written communication and report writing skills.
About the role
As part of the Transport & Resources Team, this role covers a broad range of skills relating to civil and civil structural design, located in Sydney.
In this role you will:
- Be responsible for undertaking drafting tasks in order to meet client requirements for the documentation of various civil and highways projects.
- Participate and contribute as a member of the Digital Skills Network, providing support and feedback to the Arup Australasia CAD users. This will also include the development and maintenance of CAD standards.
- Be responsible for managing your own workload, prioritising tasks and meeting deadlines.
- Be responsible for providing information in an artic
- ulate and organised manner, following Arup’s established processes and procedures.
- Ensure that all design products prepared by the CAD drafting team fully comply with the requirements of the Design Quality system and the relevant CAD standard.
- Provide progress information to allow accurate reporting of progress.
The people at Arup are driven to find a better way and to deliver better solutions for our clients.
“We welcome applications from a diverse group of people, including those who are seeking flexible working, have accessibility needs, want to bring their whole selves to work, and can enrich our workforce with cultural diversity."
We offer a competitive remuneration package commensurate with qualifications and experience to the right candidate including a global profit share scheme, excellent staff benefits and long-term career development opportunities.
If you are interested in helping us shape a better world, please click “Apply Now” to submit your online application.
Please note that our end of year office closedown is from Friday 20 December, re-opening on Monday 6 January 2020. Due to this, there may be some delays to our usual recruitment activity and reviewing of candidates.