|Job Type:||Full Time|
At Unitywater, we operate in a diverse and inclusive environment where no two days are the same. We provide essential water supply and reliable utilities services to the Moreton Bay, Sunshine Coast and Noosa regions that account for 16% of Queensland’s population. Our customers are at the heart of everything we do, and we are proud to service our communities with smart and environmentally sustainable practices.
About the role:
This is a permanent full-time position in a fast-paced environment within our Sustainable Infrastructure Solutions Business Unit as our Development Officer. This is an exciting opportunity to cement your career and work with a professional team offering ongoing career development. In this role you will be required to assess and audit engineering designs in response to development connections, and provide engineering advice to internal and external stakeholders.
To contribute to Unitywater’s values of Reliability, Safety, Honesty & Integrity, Efficiency, One Team, Innovation, you will demonstrate the following skills and qualities for the role:
- Relevant industry qualifications such as a Degree, Bachelor or Diploma in Civil Engineering or similar.
- Knowledge of, or the ability to quickly acquire knowledge of the Sustainable Planning Act and Integrated Development Assessment System, South East Queensland Water (Distribution and Retail Restructuring) Act, the Environmental Protection Act and related Regulations, South-East Queensland Design and Construction Code and relevant Australian Standards related to water supply and sewerage infrastructure.
- Experience in the development industry, or in water and sewerage design or construction.
- High level interpersonal skills, with a demonstrated capacity to communicate effectively.
- Proven ability to work in complex frameworks, analyse and prioritise elevated levels of information and convert ideas and objectives into actions.
- C Class Drivers License.
Working at Unitywater:
Unitywater is one of the largest employers in the region, offering continuous investment in training, diverse career paths, health and wellness benefits, flexible work arrangements and a rewarding environment. We are committed to providing a diverse and inclusive work environment that supports individuals to reach their full potential.
We know that we are smarter, better, together. That’s why we are committed to working in a team that includes values the unique contributions of all our people. Unitywater actively encourages candidates with all abilities and diverse backgrounds to apply.
How to apply:
Applicants will need to demonstrate eligibility and right to work in Australia and successfully complete relevant pre-employment checks, including verification of criminal history, drivers licence and driving history, alcohol and other drug screening.
Applications close: Sunday 1st November 2019.
We reserve the right to withdraw this advertisement prior to the closing date
For further information or to request the position description for this role, please contact the Careers team at email@example.com