|Location:||Blackwater, Brisbane, Emerald|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Downer has been successfully delivering contract mining and civil projects to an impressive list of global customers for over 90 years. Downer Mining services coal and metalliferous mining customers at all stages of the mining lifecycle, specialising in both surface and underground mining. We operate across more than 50 sites in Australia, Papua New Guinea and Africa.
Our high-performing Blackwater team is now seeking a professional and committed Senior Mining Engineer to join their technical services department. To be a suitable candidate for this role, you will need a commitment to safety, an extensive background in mining operations, and experience in a similar role.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL
- Develop daily, weekly and monthly mine plans for truck and shovel operations
- Work with the supervisors and operations superintendents to execute your plans
- Be part of a successful team with opportunities for further development
- You will have a Bachelor’s degree in mining engineering or related discipline
- Extensive experience in a mining engineering role with a focus on truck and shovel operations
- Experience in Vulcan mine planning software is essential
- Experience with Deswik or Spry will be highly regarded
- Willingness to own your area and drive the outcomes
- Ability to engage with people and communicate effectively
- The motivation and ability to be self-driven, work autonomously and successfully work to deadlines
IN RETURN WE OFFER
- Permanent position
- Flights provided from Brisbane
- Multiple roster options available
- Camp accommodation or housing allowances available
- Numerous financial, lifestyle, health & wellbeing benefits including salary sacrifice options, novated leasing, discounts and support programs
- An opportunity to join a diverse and inclusive mining contractor
- Great systems, procedures, equipment and people
As an employer who embraces Equal Opportunity and promotes diversity, we encourage men and women of all ages and backgrounds, including Indigenous Australians, to apply.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. For more information, please contact Jess.email@example.com,however, applications must be made via the careers portal and will not be accepted via email.