|Job Type:||Full Time|
At Unitywater, we operate in a diverse and inclusive environment where no two days are the same. We provide essential water supply and reliable utilities services to the Moreton Bay, Sunshine Coast and Noosa regions that account for 16% of Queensland’s population. Our customers are at the heart of everything we do, and we are proud to service our communities with smart and environmentally sustainable practices.
About the role:
This is a permanent full-time position. The role can work across our Caboolture and Maroochydore locations when required, with flexibility. As a valuable addition to the Untiywater Procurement team, you will responsible for strategic sourcing and contract administration. You will be responsible for strategic procurement planning (including drafting of procurement plans), preparation of RFx (Request For Information / Proposal / Quotation / Tender) documentation, facilitation of evaluation panels and leading negotiations with suppliers. , You will also assist in the preparation of contract management plans, attend contract kick off meetings with suppliers and support contract manager to close out contracts.
To contribute to Unitywater’s values of Reliability, Safety, Honesty & Integrity, Efficiency, One Team, Innovation, you will demonstrate the following skills and qualities for the role:
- Degree Qualification in a relevant field or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in the strategic sourcing process (e.g. plan, draft, invite offers, evaluate, negotiate and select supplier/s).
- A thorough understanding of the contract management process and experience in the application of the process as a contract administrator.
- Effective problem-solving skills with a sound ability to identify and effectively articulate problems and issues and the capability to think laterally to provide innovative solutions.
- High level written and verbal communication skills with a demonstrated ability to negotiate optimal commercial outcomes for the business at all times.
- Strong stakeholder management skills,
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated effective time management and prioritization skills
This is a key role that will appeal to someone who has an interest in procuring mechanical and electrical goods and services and someone who is looking for their next challenge.
Working at Unitywater:
Unitywater is one of the largest employers in the region, offering continuous investment in training, diverse career paths, health and wellness benefits, flexible work arrangements and a rewarding environment. We are committed to providing a diverse and inclusive work environment that supports individuals to reach their full potential.
We know that we are smarter, better, together. That’s why we are committed to working in a team that includes values the unique contributions of all our people. Unitywater actively encourages candidates with all abilities and diverse backgrounds to apply.
How to apply:
Applicants will need to demonstrate eligibility and right to work in Australia and successfully complete relevant pre-employment checks, including verification of criminal history, drivers licence and driving history, alcohol and other drug screening.
Applications close: Sunday 1st December 2019.
We reserve the right to withdraw this advertisement prior to the closing date
Remuneration: Officers Award Level 5
For further information or to request the position description for this role, please contact the Careers team at firstname.lastname@example.org