|Job Type:||Full Time|
Downer is one of Australia’s largest and most experienced providers in the power system sectors, delivering services to customers requiring both utility and commercial scale sustainable energy solutions.
Due to continued growth an opportunity is now available for a motivated and passionate Project Engineering Manager (Power Systems) to lead a highly skilled, technical team across EPC power plant projects, with a particular focus in utility transmission and distribution substations. Key to the success of this position is the ability to effectively plan, deliver and close-out the entire engineering scope (design, project engineering and commissioning) for projects and tenders, while adhering to the time, quality and costs requirements. This includes the allocation of resources, coordination and management of team members and subconsultants in order to deliver projects and tenders according to the Project Management Plan, Engineering Management Plan, Commissioning Management Plan and the Downer standard procedures
- A Bachelor Degree in Engineering or equivalent as recognised by Engineers Australia
- Demonstrated (+10 years) experience in Utility Transmission and Distribution Substations including commissioning and operation, and have experience in the management and performance of project teams.
- Proven ability to plan and manage resources and teams effectively
- Ability to initiate, shape and manage work activities for teams, whilst focused on economic effectiveness.
- Highly developed communication and negotiation skills, with a passion to motivate team, to articulate project expectations in a timely and clear fashion and influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work.
- Ability to examine complex issues, apply effective problem solving skills and develop feasible and practical solutions.
- Experience in estimating the resources and participants needed to achieve project goals.
- Ability to accurately design budget estimates and regularly forecast cost(s) to complete.
WHAT WE OFFER
- An opportunity to work for a major ASX listed company.
- The ability to build your professional career in a multi-disciplined business environment
- A workplace that takes responsibility and accountability for the care and protection of peers, the business, the communities in which we operate, and the environment.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for this role, please submit your resume via the links provided. Notwithstanding the location of this position, all qualified Australian citizens and permanent residents from all locations are encouraged to apply
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, however, applications must be made via the careers portal and will not be accepted via email.