|Job Type:||Full Time|
A career at Arup offers you the chance to make a positive difference in the world. Independently owned and independently minded, Arup is the creative force at the heart of many of the world’s most prominent projects in the built environment. We offer a broad range of professional services that combine to make a real difference to our clients and the communities in which we work.
We are truly global, and our 14,000 planners, designers, engineers and consultants around the world deliver innovative projects with creativity and passion.
We are seeking a People Advisory Consultant with a strong service orientation who will be responsible for providing high quality, professional and sound advice and coaching to Leaders on day to day staff and employment matters.
You will ideally have:
- Relevant generalist HR or ER related experience with specific depth of experience in relationship-focused consulting roles, complex case management and employee relations.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, HR/ER or related field – preferred.
- Strong understanding of policies, practices and employment and industrial relations frameworks (including Modern Awards) and the ability to use sound judgment, discretion and commerciality in their application.
- Strong employment law knowledge and proactive attitude to employment trends, needs and legislative changes.
- Successful record of building and maintaining trusted relationships with clients and ability to reach agreements which balance the goals and interests of leaders, staff and Arup.
- A passion for people - enjoy looking for ways to improve and step up our quality and level of service.
- A warm friendly and humane approach while being able to successfully influence the right outcomes.
About the role
This role will provide coaching, counselling and guidance to leaders across a range of areas including complex case management (performance and conduct), people policy interpretation and application, management of return to work strategies, assistance in delivering cyclical and people change activities and support with non-specialist mobility matters.
In this role you will:
- Coach, counsel, and guide leaders through employee performance and conduct matters, using consistent tools and approaches and in consultation with P + C Business Partners as required.
- Act as a SME across the P + C team on ER / case matters including developing and maintaining a core library of consistent case management templates and tools, engaging in case reviews, Award Management and relevant ER-focused projects, assessing business alignment to legislation and expectations.
- Provide insights and analysis to the P+C Business Partner roles about issue trends or opportunities for broader upskilling of leadership capabilities across relevant areas of the business.
- Build and maintain a deep knowledge of P+C policies, practices and key trends including employment and industrial relations and regional legislative environments and key changes.
- Gather and promote feedback mechanisms from leaders to influence the continuous improvement of P+C services and processes.
- Contribute to a constructive culture which enhances Arup’s people experience.
The people at Arup are driven to find a better way and to deliver better solutions for our clients.
We welcome applications from a diverse group of people, including those who are seeking flexible working, have accessibility needs, want to bring their whole selves to work, and can enrich our workforce with cultural diversity.
We offer a competitive remuneration package commensurate with qualifications and experience to the right candidate including a global profit share scheme, excellent staff benefits and long-term career development opportunities.
If you are interested in helping us shape a better world, please click “Apply Now” to submit your online application.