|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Apply your talent where it counts
- Use your Software Engineering expertise to support Wide Area Surveillance defence projects
- Enjoy flexibility, an innovation focus and interesting work within a strong team culture
At BAE Systems, our advanced technology protects people and national security and has kept critical Australian information and infrastructure secure for more than 65 years.
We employ a skilled workforce of more than 3,500 people at over 25 locations across the country. Our work helps keep Australia safe and contributes to creating a more prosperous and innovative nation.
As a member of the BAE Systems team, you'll enjoy a strong safety culture - employee safety and well-being is our top priority. We also maintain a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion and to training and development. We offer competitive benefits and enjoy a family friendly work place with flexible work practices coupled with a strong focus on innovation. Join us and apply your talent where it counts.
About the opportunity
An opportunity has arisen for a Senior Software Engineer to join our Wide Area Surveillance engineering team. This challenging and rewarding position will be based at our office in Edinburgh Parks, South Australia and will be offered on a permanent and full time basis. You will be part of an inclusive and friendly multi discipline team along with a company that values innovative ideas and flexible work practices.
In more specific terms, you will:
Be accountable for the design and development of software systems in accordance with the contractual and company requirements in order to achieve the required business performance.
Provide technical leadership relevant Software Engineering activities conducted by a software team under the project.
Provide guidance to team members in the application of standard BAE SYSTEMS Engineering process.
Assist in the establishment of project specific Software Engineering Procedures and Work Instructions.
Provide an interface between the relevant Software Engineering teams and BAE SYSTEMS
Management and Customer representatives.
Lead the Identification and resolution of technical issues associated with the execution of Software Engineering activities across the team.
Ensure the collection of relevant Software Engineering technical performance measures to ensure accurate tracking of the technical integrity of the software products
As the ideal applicant, you will have:
- Demonstrated experience in the software engineering discipline
- Exposure to all software development lifecycle phases
- A strong understanding of the Software Development lifecycle
- Experience in developing designs, participation in design reviews, undertaking typical design analyses and implementation of solutions, its integration, validation and qualification testing
- A strong understanding of 'Best Practice' Software Engineering methods
- Experience in the selection and implementation of effective Software Engineering Tools, Infrastructure and Process
- Significant experience in developing software in a selection of the following technologies: C++, Ada software development languages
- Scripting Languages
- Must be eligible to obtain a Defence security clearance (Negative Vetting Level 1)
Although not essential previous experience in a Defence organisation will be highly regarded
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Chris Girling, Talent Acquisition Specialist
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.