|Job Type:||Full Time|
Downer Power and Gas is a leading provider of end to end services to owners of electricity, gas and other network and industrial assets. We offer turnkey solutions that include design, procurement, construction, testing, commissioning, protection, maintenance and operation across electricity transmission and distribution assets including Powerco.
As one of our team members is retiring in January 2020, we are looking for an experienced Line Mechanic to join our Paeroa based team. In this role, you will cover the Waikato region – a great opportunity to see and experience our country! Our distribution linesmen provide electricity services including construction, maintenance and fault diagnosis/rectification of all network equipment and installations such as power poles, wires and transformers.
It is essential that you are an experienced Line Mechanic with knowledge of the power industry and can also offer:
- Relevant Line Mechanic or Electrical Registration and current Practising License.
- NZQA Level 4 or equivalent
- A minimum of two years’ experience including high voltage and overhead work
- Current Class 1 full Drivers Licence, ability to drive a manual vehicle and ideally a Heavy Traffic Licence
- Flexibility to be available for an on call after hour faults roster
- A strong commitment to safety including sound knowledge of the Safety Manual Electricity Industry (SMEI) and Safe Practices for Low Voltage Electrical Work
- Powerco competencies held will be valued
As a highly skilled linesman in the power distribution field your previous experience will demonstrate your technical ability with a broad range of work, a commitment to producing a quality job every time and taking pride in your results. You’ll also be a strong communicator and a positive team member also able to work alone. You’ll hold Health & Safety in the highest regard.
What's on offer?
You’ll experience working with a great team of people that work together to achieve outcomes and are proud of their team culture. You’ll finish each day knowing that you have had a positive impact on your local community.
The potential for growth within in Downer is massive. We encourage continued learning and offer full training and support to meet the competencies required by our clients.
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, click apply now or head to www.downercareers.co.nz and enter reference number 564857 .
The successful applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment drug test & medical.
Due to the fast-paced nature of Downer, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change, so don't delay and make sure you apply as soon as possible.