|Job Type:||Full Time|
Division: CITY SERVICES
Unit: CLEANSING & WASTE SERV
Section: RESOURCE RECOVERY
Salary: AUD $124,294 per annum plus Superannuation
Employment status: Temporary - 3 year fixed term
Employment arrangement: Full Time
Location: Sydney CBD
Option to work under a 19 day month arrangement
At the City of Sydney our people are our most important asset and central to achieving our exciting and ambitious Sustainable Sydney 2030 - developing a green, global and connected city.
The Waste Services Designer will create and implement efficient, effective and fit for purpose waste and recycling services by designing the end-to-end service experience based on user needs and human-centred design thinking to ensure our services are efficient, safe, sustainable and deliver on the City's waste strategy and Sustainable Sydney 2030 and 2050 objectives.
You will identify pain points in the way customers use our services and facilitate remedies through improved operations, systems, programs and communications by working collaboratively with all teams in Cleansing and Waste and across the organisation.
This position sits within the Resource Recovery Team which is responsible for driving programs, projects and policies in partnership with the community to achieve the City's residential waste targets which commit to:
- Reducing waste generation per capita by 15% by 2030;
- Diverting 90% of residential waste (35% as source separated recycling) away from landfill by 2030;
- Achieving a 30% reduction in illegal dumping by 2021
The successful candidate will have:
- Tertiary qualifications, at degree level, in a related discipline and extensive relevant knowledge and experience in service design;
- Demonstrated experience in leading, developing and delivering human-centred service design projects in an operational environment;
- Demonstrated experience in project management, concept development skills, translating intent to outcomes using imagination and creativity;
- Extensive applicable knowledge of service design tools, technologies and data management and highly developed oral, written and presentation communication skills.
At the City of Sydney you will join a dedicated team where individual effort is part of something much bigger - delivering great things for our city's dynamic future
To apply: Click on the 'Apply' button below to complete your online application. Please upload your current resume and respond to the online application questions that demonstrates how you meet the requirements of this role. Please note the "Essential Criteria Response" field in the online application does not require you to respond or upload a document.
This role will require a Pre-Employment Health Declaration form.
Position description: CLICK HERE to view or download the position description.
Applications must be made online via the City's website by 11:59pm, Monday 25 November 2019.
For further information contact: : Kath McLaughlin, Resource Recovery Manager on 02 8019 6908.
Employee Benefits: CLICK HERE for more information on the benefits of working in Council.
At the City we provide equal employment opportunity. We are committed to ensuring an accessible and inclusive work environment and encourage applications from people from diverse backgrounds and cultures.