|Location:||Aus - WA Regional, Australia|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Work with a team of the best
With a global business, we offer diverse and rewarding careers. We are committed to Thiess being a company and a culture where great people can excel and where they are developed and supported to reach their highest potential. Join our team today.
About the role
Thiess is seeking an experienced HD Diesel Fitter for a permanent employment opportunity to work on a new open-cut mining project.
Permanent full-time opportunity with Thiess. Pilbara location, mine-site based role; FIFO ex-Perth
With a 2/1 FIFO roster from Perth, reporting to the Leading Hand, you will thrive on meeting all goals and challenges, and act with fairness and integrity in all that you do. In return, we will celebrate your achievements and provide great opportunities for you to take your career to the next level.
Some of your duties will include;
- Perform the servicing, repair, and maintenance of Hitachi and CAT mobile mining and other equipment as directed in accordance with Thiess servicing, lubrication and maintenance systems documentation
- Completing General Maintenance, Breakdowns, Services and Component Change outs to a high regard
- Source technical information from the relevant available reference manuals, technical bulletins, OEM and computer-based systems
- Ensure good housekeeping standards are maintained at all times
- Conduct required inspection to maximise equipment utilisation
What skills and experience do you need?
- Certificate III in Heavy Diesel Fitting or equivalent for Mobile Plant
- Post-trade experience working in Mining or Heavy Earth Moving industry
- HR Driver's licence required
- High-risk licences highly regarded
- Experience in general maintenance, breakdowns, component change-outs and servicing of Heavy Earth Moving Equipment
- Demonstrated experience with CAT mobile machinery fleet, including 785 Dump Trucks, as well as Hitachi Excavators
We partner with our clients to deliver excellence in open cut and underground mining in Australia, Asia, Africa and the Americas. For more than 80 years, we’ve operated in diverse commodities, geologies, environments and cultures. Our team uses that insight to optimise solutions for each project and create lasting value for our clients and the communities we live and work in.
We recognise the value of an inclusive and diverse workplace through our vision of everyone matters always. We’re focused on creating an inclusive environment to allow our people to bring their best self to work because they feel safe, included and empowered.
Visit our website to learn more – http://www.thiess.com
How to apply
This role is an opportunity to make the next step in your career. With our culture of recognition, development, and a stimulating and satisfying work environment there is no better time to join Thiess.
To apply for this role please follow the below link.