Brisbane Airport Corporation Pty Limited (BAC), the operator of Brisbane Airport (BNE), is a proud, private, un-listed Queensland company,creating career opportunities for thousands of Queenslanders and creating economic opportunities for the state and city of Brisbane equating to more than $4 billion annually.
Reporting to the Project Director, the Project Administrator-Document Controller is responsible for supporting the delivery of the allocated projects by ensuring that the contractor’s systems are effectively assessed and complied with, the audit regime is monitored and controlled and that all project records are appropriately retained in accordance with BAC project governance requirements.
Key deliverables associated with this role include coordination and implementation of system audits, Document Management System (DMS) process delivery and the traceability, retrievability and accuracy of stored project records for the consultant and contractor contracts and any other contracts associated with the allocated projects.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain the Project Document Control System, in accordance with IDD- Major Project’s standards that includes:
- BAC’s Outlook (for email control and management);
- Cumulus, G: Drive and Aconex to ensure that all relevant Project correspondence is appropriately captured and retrievable;
- Compile and distribute Aconex Reports regarding (i) outstanding and overdue correspondence and (ii) document status. Within this provide support to the BAC Project Team to ensure timely response.
- Conduct surveillance and monitoring of BAC and consultant’s correspondence to ensure it is in accordance with the Project Instruction. Follow up as required to rectify any non-conformances.
- Assist the Contract Administrator and Cost Manager as required, with the preparation, presentation and reconciling of financial reports.
- Develop the Aconex system architecture (back-end) and appropriate procedures / protocols for the effective management of the project’s portal, in accordance with IDD- Major Project’s requirements.
- Support the project team by providing an information retrieval service; ensuring the timely and accurate retrieval of project records as requested and facilitating document uploading and mail co-ordination as required.
- Build relationships with internal and external stakeholders, including consultants and contractors, to promote the integration of DMS practices into project management activities.
- Deliver training in relation to the use of the Aconex system to the Major Project’s team
- Facilitate external third party audits of the project works which may include both BAC and Contractor content.
- If directed, act as First Aid Officer for the nominated area, including participating in training and drills as directed.
- Actively participate in Major Project’s team functions and forums and contribute positively to the development of a healthy positive culture in the team.
Experience and Qualifications
- 3 years’ experience working with a Document Management System, preferably Aconex.
- Document management experience.
- Minimum completion of Year 12.
- 3 years minimum experience with Microsoft Suite of Packages.
- Excellent communication skills to liaise with the Project Team, internal BAC staff, consultants and contractors.
- Experience working in an infrastructure environment (contractor, client or consultant) is highly desirable.
- Major building infrastructure project experience.
Knowledge and Technical Proficiency
- Database management and system administration.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Suite of packages.
- Knowledge of general project requirements regarding correspondence and transmittals.
What's on offer
This is an opportunity to work with a company which is already a leader in this field in Australia and to be part of the development of one of Queensland’s key infrastructure assets. The role will you give the opportunity to use your skills, experience and enthusiasm to help continue BAC’s growth and the successful delivery of the projects. Regarding business culture, BAC is a forward thinking organisation, which is supportive of innovation and has a unique positive working environment
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as a project administrator?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?