Brisbane Airport Corporation Pty Limited (BAC), the operator of Brisbane Airport (BNE), is a proud, private, un-listed Queensland company,creating career opportunities for thousands of Queenslanders and creating economic opportunities for the state and city of Brisbane equating to more than $4 billion annually.
Reporting to the Construction Manager the Site Inspector is responsible for providing on-site construction & maintenance supervisory services relating to the civil and building works elements within the Works contracts.
Key responsibilities associated with this role include supervision of the site construction works and the monitoring and recording of all site progress to ensure the completion of the project in accordance with the relevant design and Contract requirements.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Carry out regular inspections of civil and building infrastructure works elements of the Works and ensure compliance with:
BAC standards, policies and requirements; and
Legislative guidelines and requirements.
- Maintain and manage detailed daily site inspection and photographic records including the provision of regular updates and notification to the Construction Manager of any emerging issues or non-conformances.
- Support the project team in managing Quality, Work Health and Safety, Environment, Security and other compliance related matters. Support the project team by following up and ensuring that any corrective actions are implemented.
- Coordinate and supervise the inspection of works, in conjunction with the relevant Design Consultant, to ensure all Witness Points, Hold Points and Milestones are properly inspected and signed off in accordance with the relevant Contract and Specification requirements.
- Build and maintain communication and collaborative partnerships with internal BAC departments and applicable external agencies to facilitate the delivery of the Works. Achieve high satisfaction ratings on performance and communications from stakeholders and internal clients.
- Provide regular reports to the Construction Manager on construction progress and the Contractor’s performance in terms of program, quality, safety, security and environmental compliance.
- Undertake regular checks and auditing of the Contractor’s compliance with their quality system.
- Contribute to the required project close-out procedures including defects management, contractor performance assessment and reporting.
- Coordinate the review and approval of the Contractor’s Traffic Management Plans where applicable.
- As required, provide support to other Works Inspectors in IDD, within their delegated areas of responsibility to ensure the efficient and effective delivery of IDD assigned projects.
Experience and Qualifications
- Trade certificate or equivalent relating to Civil and Building Infrastructure works.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience supervising and monitoring Civil and Building Infrastructure Projects.
- Experience in the assessment and reporting on Quality, Safety, Security and Environmental performance.
- Knowledge of Civil and Building Engineering techniques in the areas of earthworks, drainage, maintenance and building structures.
- Knowledge of the building services installation and commissioning
Knowledge and Technical Proficiency
- Experience and knowledge of earthworks, piling, concrete structures, pavements, drainage, dewatering, landscaping
- Knowledge and understanding of construction codes, traffic management, work health and safety legislation and Australian Standard contract conditions
- Knowledge and understanding of Contractor based Quality Management Systems
- Sound knowledge of relevant regulations and statutory requirements
- Proficiency with written contract specifications and documentation
- Knowledge of Microsoft Suite of packages
What's on offer
This is an opportunity to work with a company which is already a leader in this field in Australia and to be part of the development of one of Queensland’s key infrastructure assets. The role will you give the opportunity to use your skills, experience and enthusiasm to help continue BAC’s growth and the successful delivery of the projects. Regarding business culture, BAC is a forward thinking organisation, which is supportive of innovation and has a unique positive working environment
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as an inspector?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?