Brisbane Airport Corporation Pty Limited (BAC), the operator of Brisbane Airport (BNE), is a proud, private, un-listed Queensland company,creating career opportunities for thousands of Queenslanders and creating economic opportunities for the state and city of Brisbane equating to more than $4 billion annually.
Reporting to the Project Director – ITB MLCP (Multi level carpark) the Construction Manager is responsible for the management of on-site client side activities relating to large capital infrastructure works on the airport. The works to be delivered include but are not limited to terminal works of a commercial and operational nature in accordance with the timings and costing outlined in the BAC Business Plan.
Key deliverables to be provided to BAC associated with this role include building related infrastructure assets, which comply with the project objectives.
Tasks and Responsibilities
Manage personnel and provide leadership in the project team during the various phases of construction of the project, to achieve required outcomes. Ensure that delivered solutions are to required standards and within approved goals, budget and Corporation policies.
Build and maintain effective communication and collaborative partnerships with internal departments, stakeholders and external agencies to facilitate achievement of the Infrastructure Development and Delivery Group’s business objectives.
- Oversee assigned building and related projects under general guidance and with minimal supervision, to achieve high quality outcomes, including achieving on time and on-budget performance.
- Demonstrate ongoing competence and experience with overseeing the delivery of significant building projects in an operational environment.
- Demonstrate ongoing understanding of the business drivers behind the delivery of infrastructure projects to meet the project objectives.
- Work with tenants and other divisions of BAC to determine requirements and ensure provision of infrastructure services to tenant’s and the Corporation’s requirements.
- Manage the registration of tenants and contractors to the BAC WHS Corporate system. Examine safety plans and applications and raise Works Approvals & Permits in response to contractor and tenant’s submissions. Provide leadership in the management of WHS on the projects.
- Maintain high quality project schedules and risk registers for each assigned component of the project. Assist the Project Director and contractor in the development of construction staging plans.
- Manage and coordinate design and construction works to a high standard as directed.
- Assist with capex budget formulation, cost management and reporting and monthly cash-flows for the allocated project works. Actively contribute to the ongoing management of the cost plan.
- Investigate, prepare and/or assess briefs from contractors, consultants and clients (internal/external) for compliance with the project requirements and required standards.
- Liaise as necessary with Commonwealth, State and Local Authorities including Airport Building Controller and Airport Environment Officer.
- Assist in the preparation of contract documentation and administer same during the execution of the project, in accordance with BAC policies and procedures. Work closely with the Project Director and the Contract Administrator to achieve this objective.
- Manage consultants and contractors for project design and delivery to ensure timely delivery and cost effective outcomes.
- Actively manage the implementation of innovation, sustainability and customer stewardship initiatives for the projects.
- Effectively brief internal personnel and stakeholders on project matters, co-ordinate stakeholder meetings and feedback and accurately document the requirements of all meetings.
- Represent the Corporation as Principal’s Representative Delegate as required.
- Ensure appropriate project close-out procedures are implemented including defects management, contractor performance assessment and reporting.
- Fully comply with BAC’s policies and procedures including the Project Management Framework (PMF).
- Provide all required input to the Strategic Portfolio Office (SPO). Provide this input in a timely manner and ensure it is of a high professional standard.
- Achieve high satisfaction ratings for personal performance from stakeholders and internal business partners.
Experience and Qualifications
- Tertiary qualifications or equivalent in engineering, construction management or related areas.
- A minimum of 15 years’ experience with the delivery of building projects particularly in a ‘brownfield’ environment.
- Management of works contracts and consultancy agreements.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in project management with proven experience in client side project management roles.
- Certified Project Manager with AIPM or equivalent
- Previous experience working at an Airport.
Knowledge & Technical Proficiency
- Sound knowledge of project management and construction practices.
- High level of oral and written communication skills.
- Sound knowledge of Workplace Health and Safety Legislation.
- Knowledge of Australian Standard Construction Contracts.
What's on offer
This is an opportunity to work with a company which is already a leader in this field in Australia and to be part of the development of one of Queensland’s key infrastructure assets. The role will you give the opportunity to use your skills, experience and enthusiasm to help continue BAC’s growth and the successful delivery of the projects. Regarding business culture, BAC is a forward thinking organisation, which is supportive of innovation and has a unique positive working environment
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as a construction manager?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?