|Job Type:||Full Time|
You will be responsible for activities and operations related to drainage projects; optimising the use to company resources and contributing to the successful completion of projects.
The right candidates for this role will be self-motivated, energetic, proactive and results-orientated, able to use your initiative to problem solve and enjoy working as part of a team and/or alone.
A bit about your role:
- Assisting and directing our construction crews undertaking programmed inspections, carrying out routine and emergency maintenance for the safety of the public
- Installing and repairing new and existing drainage systems
- Installation of new pipelines and pre cast drainage assets in both private and road corridor environments
- Operating machinery’s such as excavators up to 24 tons, front end loads, skid steers, and general small plant
- Hazard assessment to ensure workplace safety.
A bit about you:
- A full driver's licence
- Great communication skills & be able to work well within a team
- A focus on health, safety, and environment
- Having licence Classes W,T,R endorsements would be an added bonus
- Civil construction experience, preferably involved in water, wastewater, and stormwater
- A current Drain laying qualification and or certification will be highly regarded
- Traffic Management qualifications preferred but not essential
- Strong focus on Health and Safety
What we offer:
A fantastic opportunity to gain training and career development, be a part of a great team, a collaborative working environment, and a competitive remuneration package, this becomes an opportunity not to be missed!
This is a great time to join the Downer team and take the next step in your career with an organisation committed to the lifelong development of our people. Don't delay! Apply now to join our great team by visiting www.downercareers.co.nz