|Job Type:||Full Time|
Brisbane Airport Corporation Pty Limited (BAC), the operator of Brisbane Airport (BNE), is a proud, private, un-listed Queensland company,creating career opportunities for thousands of Queenslanders and creating economic opportunities for the state and city of Brisbane equating to more than $4 billion annually.
Reporting to the Head of Major Projects, the PMO Manager is responsible for client side activities relating to the oversight and management of project controls and systems for large capital infrastructure works on the airport. The works being delivered include but are not limited to operational and infrastructure works of a commercial and aeronautical nature in accordance with the timings and costing’s outlined in the Business Plan.
Key deliverables associated with this role include management of the quality and compliance of systems and processes related to the delivery of BAC’s larger infrastructure projects. The PMO Manager is responsible for the enacting of the internal governance processes which ensure systems and regulatory compliance of the delivered works. These works relate to the consultants and contractors’ services performed in accordance with the contract conditions and specifications. Governance oversight includes compliance with legislative provisions and Major Projects and BAC Management Systems, including environment, security, airfield and workplace health and safety (WHS), throughout the design and delivery phases of the projects.
- Lead a team to ensure required tasks are prioritised, aligned and delivered within required objectives.
- Set the direction for the Project Controls team through the development and implementation of initiatives and processes that clearly align to the Major Projects Division’s strategic direction and values.
- Lead the team ensuring team members are engaged and empowered to deliver requirements.
- Establish a common understanding of a high performing team and how it aligns to BAC’s values. Model that behaviour for the team.
- Significantly contribute to the review and implementation of strategic requirements as part of the Major Projects management team.
- Ensure all team members are adequately trained and adhere to compliance requirements.
- Ensure the ongoing development and training of all team members to achieve the Major Projects team’s goals and alignment with BAC’s strategic direction
- Lead delegated team responsibilities, including supervision of reporting staff on a day-to-day basis, assistance in recruitment activities, management of performance and ongoing professional development requirements, and ongoing liaison and co-ordination as a member of the Major Projects Management Team.
- Participate in the implementation of business strategies and plans as part of the Major Projects Management Team, in order to achieve the required performance outcomes.
- In collaboration with the IDD Strategic Portfolio Office, oversee management and regular updates of the Project Management Framework, in order to provide greater efficiencies and support to the Major Projects’ team members.
- Effectively provide and manage the following services to the Major Projects team :
- Work stream planning;
- Project Programme analysis and reporting
- Resource utilisation and optimisation
- Risk management and reporting
- Stakeholder Engagement and Management advice and planning;
- BIM and GIS support to the project teams in the design and delivery of the projects
- Assistance to the project teams including consultants and contractors, in obtaining necessary statutory approvals
- WHS compliance and leadership.
- Document management and control, in accordance with BAC standards
- Work stream planning;
- Facilitate and /or provide monthly reporting on the functions above as well as portfolio project reporting (e.g. risk, supply chain management, lessons learnt, etc.) using data analytics from actuals to provide recommendations for optimisation and risk management.
- Investigate and report on relevant compliance activities and reporting obligations of the Contractor relating to the development, approval and implementation of management systems proposed by the Contractor (such as audits, document control, induction, incidents etc.) with regard to Environment, Quality, WHS and As-Built Documentation. Within this, work collaboratively with the project teams to ensure timely and accurate provision of applicable technical information.
- Utilise current systems including POIMS, Project Server and Aconex, in order to facilitate integrated monthly performance reporting for Major Projects.
- Establish processes and carry out assurance activities to validate the quality of data utilised by the Major Projects team in carrying out the required control functions.
- Build and maintain collaborative relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Through effective and efficient partnerships, ensure that the Project Controls team delivers services to the Major projects team ensuring that enterprise risks and efficiencies are optimised.
Experience and Qualifications
- Formal qualifications in WHS, Risk Management and / or Quality Systems Auditing, or equivalent experience
- Extensive experience in the development of management systems, implementation planning and frameworks with regard to ensuring compliance with regulatory and contract obligations,
(Quality, WHS, Risk, Environment, Approvals)
- Good working knowledge and experience in the development, review and enforcement of Contract documents
- Management and on site governance experience relevant to major projects infrastructure delivery and industry compliance interfaces
- Experience in the development and delivery of project and corporate reports,
Knowledge & Technical Proficiency
- Knowledge of construction project elements and mitigation strategies relating to WHS, Quality, Audit, Risk and Environment
- Sound knowledge of relevant regulations and statutory requirements
- Experience in briefing and liaising with consultants, construction and management contractors
- Knowledge and understanding of construction codes, work health and safety legislation and Australian Standard contract conditions
- Knowledge of Microsoft Suite of packages
What's on offer
This is an opportunity to join a company which is already a leader in this field in Australia and to be part of the development of one of Queensland’s key infrastructure assets. The role will you give the opportunity to use your skills, experience and enthusiasm to help continue BAC’s growth and the successful delivery of the projects. Regarding business culture, BAC is a forward thinking organisation, which is supportive of innovation and has a unique positive working environment
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How many years' experience do you have with project planning and scheduling?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?