|Location:||Altona North, Melbourne, Victoria|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Oh what a feeling!
We are so much more than just the sum of our parts. Our strength comes from working together, sharing ideas to always find new ways to progress. Together, we are Toyota.
What you’ll contribute to
Several opportunities are available for driven and reliable individuals to join our National Parts and Accessories Division as a Warehouse Storeperson – this is on an initial 3 month contract to commence in January 2020.
The successful candidates will primarily be responsible for assisting the Operations team with delivering operational and improvement activities of the warehouse. This essentially revolves around handling parts safely and efficiently to support the achievement of Toyota Australia wholesale and retail targets – the aim is to increase efficiency and productivity, while reducing lead-time and cost.
How you’ll make an impact
- Contribute to the implementation of standardised operational activities related to parts handling as per instructions and procedures, including storing, picking, packing, unloading and stacking to achieve daily warehouse objectives.
- Periodically assist with risk assessments, stock checks and cycle counts to ensure the efficient and effective handling of parts in the warehouse.
- Collaborate with other team members and communicate effectively to ensure efficiency and productivity of operations, while escalating matters which may create risks.
- Contribute to the achievement of cost reduction plans by partaking in new initiatives, minimising waste in material and energy conservation.
- Monitor own work with respect to compliance with all relevant regulations and statutory requirements to minimise Toyota’s risk exposure and liabilities.
- Participates in QC and Suggestion Scheme activities.
What we’re looking for?
- A track record of working in a hands-on warehouse environment
- Understanding of the automotive industry and previous dealings with various parts would be beneficial
- A current forklift licence is preferred, but not necessary
- Good communication and collaboration skills to interact with a multitude of people
- An awareness of OHS regulations and a safety conscious attitude
Life at Toyota & What we offer you
At Toyota, anything is possible, and we believe in our people to make it happen. We’re proud of every single one of them and give the recognition and reward they deserve. From comprehensive remuneration packages to flexible working conditions and healthcare, we invest in our people to make their career as great as it can be.
Make your impossible, possible & apply today!
Altona North - 494 Grieve Parade (WH)
We are an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.