|Location:||Australian Capital Territory, New South Wales, Northern Territory, Queensland, South Australia, Tasmania, Victoria, Western Australia|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
As a Navy Cryptologic Systems Operator you will intercept and analyse radio data transmissions while enjoying:
- a good salary plus generous superannuation
- ongoing investment in your personal and career development
- free medical and dental
- job security and a good work/life balance
- rewarding work and world-class training
- subsidised accommodation
- a supportive team environment
- travel and leave entitlements
- free access to sports and fitness facilities
- friendships that last a lifetime
All that plus meaningful experiences such as joining humanitarian missions and supporting communities in need.
If you have good attention to detail, advanced problem-solving skills and the discretion to be entrusted with sensitive information, you could make an excellent Cryptologic Systems Operator.
In this rewarding intelligence role you will be responsible for the detection, acquisition, identification and exploitation of machine-generated communications. You'll use sophisticated search receivers and other state-of-the-art equipment to intercept electromagnetic emissions that deliver tactical advantage to the Australian Defence Force.
Dependent on your exact role, some of the duties you may perform include:
- manually tuning or programming radio receivers and manipulating automated systems
- searching, identifying, analysing and reporting on transmissions of interest
- utilising state of the art high-tech equipment to record selected or unknown transmissions to enable in-depth analysis of these signals
- At sea, conducting initial real-time and post intercept in-depth analysis of communications
- providing tactical indication of possible threats
- producing technical reports and summaries on transmissions of interest
All Cryptologic Systems Operator receive training on:
- communications theory, including radio wave propagation
- operation of acquisition, recording, and processing equipment
- analytical techniques including problem solving
- communications networks; formats, terminology, and theory of pattern analysis
- the fighting structure or the ‘order of battle’ of military forces
- procedures for processing and distributing intelligence data
- methods for handling, distributing, and safeguarding intelligence information
In this critical role you'll enjoy the personal satisfaction of having a direct impact on the success of Navy operations. Better still, you will be working for a dynamic organisation that offers a great lifestyle plus opportunities you simply won’t find anywhere else.
Sounds good? Then apply now (below).
- Fully-paid training
- Once trained, starting package approx. $85,154 p.a. plus superannuation (salaries correct as of 01/08/2019)
- Numerous other benefits
- Any fleet unit or shore establishment in Australia
- Some of your time will be spent at sea
- At least 17 years of age
- Australian Citizen
- Year 10 completion with passes in English, Mathematics and Science (preferably with a Physics component)
To be considered for this highly classified role you will need to undergo a detailed security evaluation.
How to Apply
How to Apply Click on the APPLY FOR THIS JOB button to submit your application, please be sure to attach your resume, phone number and email address. For more information view the full position description here: