|Location:||Australian Capital Territory, New South Wales, Northern Territory, Queensland, South Australia, Tasmania, Victoria, Western Australia|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
As an Aircraft Technician, maintain and repair the systems of advanced military aircraft while enjoying:
- a good salary plus generous superannuation
- ongoing investment in your personal and career development
- free medical and dental
- job security and a good work/life balance
- rewarding work and world-class training
- subsidised accommodation
- a supportive team environment
- travel and leave entitlements
- free access to sports and fitness facilities
- friendships that last a lifetime
All that plus meaningful experiences such as joining peacekeeping missions and supporting communities in need.
Many tradies spend their days maintaining and repairing the same types of system, in specialised roles with little variety. Now imagine the job satisfaction of working across multiple systems, on one of the world's most advanced military aircraft.
As an Aircraft Technician in the Air Force the types of aircraft you could work on range from the F/A-18 Hornet multi-role fighter to the C-17A Globemaster III transporter aircraft. You'll be trained to maintain and repair their:
- wheels and brakes
- air-conditioning systems
- hydraulic and power systems
- fuel lines
- fire warning equipment
- turbos, and
In the Air Force no two days will ever be the same and your well-equipped ‘workshop’ could be in one of many locations across Australia, and even overseas.
If you want to learn a good trade, gain nationally-recognised qualifications, and work with leading-edge technology, this could be the job for you. Better still, you’ll be working for a dynamic organisation that offers a great lifestyle plus opportunities you simply won’t find anywhere else.
Sounds good? Then apply now (below).
- Fully-paid training
- Once trained, starting package approx. $69,045 p.a. plus superannuation (salaries correct as of 1 Aug 2019)
- Numerous other benefits
- Training in Wagga Wagga, NSW
- Then posting to one of the many Air Force locations across Australia
- At least 17 years of age
- Australian Citizen
- Year 10 completion with passes in English, Mathematics and Science (with a Physics component)
Medical and fitness guidelines also apply.
How to Apply
How to Apply Click on the APPLY FOR THIS JOB button to submit your application, please be sure to attach your resume, phone number and email address.
For more information view the full position description here: