|Location:||Australian Capital Territory, New South Wales, Northern Territory, Queensland, South Australia, Tasmania, Victoria, Western Australia|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
As an Avionics Technician, maintain and repair the electronic systems of advanced military aircraft while enjoying:
- a good salary plus generous superannuation
- ongoing investment in your personal and career development
- free medical and dental
- job security and a good work/life balance
- rewarding work and world-class training
- subsidised accommodation
- a supportive team environment
- travel and leave entitlements
- free access to sports and fitness facilities
- friendships that last a lifetime
All that plus meaningful experiences such as joining peacekeeping missions and supporting communities in need.
Picture yourself 'under the hood' of a multimillion dollar strike aircraft, maintaining the advanced electronic systems that enable it to carry out critical missions effectively. This is no ordinary technical job.
As an Avionics Technician in the Air Force the types of aircraft you could work on range from the F/A-18 Hornet multi-role fighter to the C-17A Globemaster III transporter aircraft. The systems you'll be trained to inspect, maintain and repair include:
- electronic warfare
- self protection and electronics ordnance
- automatic flight control
- oxygen delivery, and
- electrical power generation and distribution.
In the Air Force no two days will ever be the same, and your well-equipped ‘workshop’ could be anywhere from a climate controlled aircraft hanger to a temporary in-the-field shelter overseas.
If you want to learn a good trade, gain nationally-recognised qualifications, and work with leading-edge technology, this could be the job for you. Better still, you’ll be working for a dynamic organisation that offers a great lifestyle plus opportunities you simply won’t find anywhere else.
Sounds good? Then apply now (below).
- Fully-paid training
- Once trained, starting package approx. $69,045 p.a. plus superannuation (salaries correct as of 1 Aug 2019)
- Numerous other benefits
- Training in Wagga Wagga, NSW
- Then posting to one of the many Air Force locations across Australia
- At least 17 years of age
- Australian Citizen
- Year 10 completion with passes in English, Mathematics and Science (with a Physics component)
Medical and fitness guidelines also apply.
How to Apply
How to Apply Click on the APPLY FOR THIS JOB button to submit your application, please be sure to attach your resume, phone number and email address.
For more information view the full position description here: