|Job Type:||Full Time|
Brisbane Airport Corporation Pty Limited (BAC), the operator of Brisbane Airport (BNE), is a proud, private, un-listed Queensland company, employing thousands of Queenslanders and creating economic opportunities for the state and city of Brisbane equating to more than $4 billion annually.
More than 425 businesses are located at BNE, servicing a diverse range of industries offering services such as freight and aircraft handling, warehousing, transport and communications, manufacturing, research, property and infrastructure development, education and training, recreation, tourism, accommodation, leisure and retail. Collectively these businesses employ nearly 24,000 people, a number expected to exceed 50,000 (the size of a regional town) by 2034.
About the position:
With an upcoming expansion of BAC’s security responsibilities, we are currently seeking an enthusiastic Security and Emergency Operations Advisor.
You will be responsible for providing support in the management of BAC’s incident response, security plans and policies ensuring incident management plans and procedures are in place.
In addition, you’ll assist in the coordination, development and implementation of BAC’s emergency management strategy, with a particular focus on internal and external stakeholders, while identifying training opportunities to support the strategy.
The overarching goal of the Security and Emergency Planning Advisor is to facilitate, influence and advise on security and emergency planning across the business.
The key deliverables in this role include the maintenance of compliance related manuals and emergency plans, stakeholder relationship management, incident response procedures, training and exercise programs of BAC Staff and airport stakeholders; and policy and compliance related documentation creation and maintenance.
- Review and update documentation including, but not limited to, response plans, policy, procedures and quality assurance to ensure compliance and operational readiness, supported by liaison with regulatory bodies and airlines to ensure effective and compliant delivery of outcomes.
- Develop, communicate and evaluate new plans and documentation for emerging threats, new regulations and contingencies.
- Conduct and co-ordinate incident training and exercises for BAC Staff and airport stakeholders.
- Respond to incident callouts, assess and co-ordinate major incidents or events, as required.
- Ensure the notification of events affecting airport operations to key BAC staff and airport stakeholders.
- Liaise with designated BAC response staff to ensure response protocols and communications are current and effective.
- Plan and implement the Brisbane Airport Emergency Exercise and Training Program Plan.
- Coordinate the activities of the Airport Emergency Committee and Airport Emergency Planning Group (AEPG) and communicate their activities to all airport stakeholders.
- Maintain membership, participation and communication with the activities of external stakeholder groups (including government, industry and mutual aid groups).
- Monitor BAC's legal compliance on matters related to emergency and disaster planning and preparedness, and provide advice to ensure BAC can comply with its obligations.
- Provide operational/administrative support to Security and Emergency Planning team, as required.
Experience and Qualifications
- Tertiary qualifications, preferably in a business related field or equivalent experience highly desirable.
- Possession of C class state driver’s licence.
- Possess or able to acquire an ASIC and if required undergo a security check.
- Must be able to pass psychological and reasoning test to an acceptable level.
- Experience in planning and delivery of operational training and exercises.
- Certification, accreditation and or qualifications in emergency management and or training delivery.
- Previous experience in related activities, particularly in BCP, emergency management and response planning.
Knowledge & Technical Proficiency
- Excellent knowledge of risk assessment practices, BCP and incident management.
- Sound knowledge of disaster and emergency management regulatory framework at Federal and State level.
- Sound knowledge of emergency procedures and safety at airports or related infrastructure.
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft suite of packages.
What's on offer?
This is an opportunity to join a company which is already a leader in this field in Australia and use your skills, experience and enthusiasm to help continue our successful growth! BAC is a forward thinking organisation, which is supportive of innovation and has a unique positive working environment.
Please note, Brisbane Airport Corporation (BAC) reserves the right to close the applicant portal prior to the listed closing date.
If you believe you have the drive and experience to succeed in this exciting role, please click apply.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples are encouraged to apply.
About Brisbane Airport Corporation:
Operating 24 hours a day, seven days a week, BNE has two major Terminals accommodating 33 airlines flying to 83 domestic and international destinations. It is a suburb in its own right, the largest capital city airport in Australia by land size (2,700 hectares) and the third-largest airport in Australia by passenger numbers with more than 23.4 million passengers travelling through the airport in FY18.
With passenger numbers forecast to more than double by 2034, since FY12 BAC has invested $1.7 billion building critical infrastructure, with a further $1.8 billion worth of infrastructure to be delivered between FY18 – FY22.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- Have you worked in a role which requires a sound understanding of OH&S/WHS?