|Job Type:||Full Time|
Who We Are
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
Our Mining division provides engineering and construction, contract mining and asset services to customers in the resources, energy, power generation and industrial sectors. As part of this team, you'll join a group of innovative thinkers who work together to deliver market-leading, safe, cost effective and environmentally friendly outcomes that exceed customer expectations.
Downer Mining continues to strive forward with our WA projects in 2020; Karara, Cape Preston, Eliwana, Queens/Solomon and Gruyere. As a result, we are currently seeking several experienced Auto Electricians to join the Downer team.
Reporting to the Maintenance Superintendent, as a key member of a high performing team, you will play an integral role in implementing the client's project requirements. You will perform safe and effective maintenance outcomes and continuous improvement principles whilst carrying out a high level of service and maintenance on mobile fleet and equipment.
As a result, we are looking for Light Vehicle Mechanics to join the Downer team as we enter the next stage of the project at FMG Eliwana based in the Pilbara.
As a LV Mechanic you will be able to demonstrate:-
- Trade Qualified - AUR30616 - Certificate III in Light Vehicle Mechanical Technology
- 12+months demonstrated experience working on maintaining light vehicle fleet and other mine site support equipment in a mining situation is preferred
- High level of initiative and the ability to work well under pressure
- Effective communication skills
- Safety focus with a high attention to detail to abide by site safety processes
IN RETURN WE OFFER
- Competitive salary (New increased rates as of June 1st 2020)
- The benefits of secure, full time employment including leave entitlements, superannuation and numerous financial, lifestyle, health and wellbeing benefits including salary sacrifice flights, novated leasing, discounts and support programs.
- Set career progression opportunities through various training and mentoring programs
- Great systems, procedures, equipment and people with an overriding commitment to Zero Harm
- An opportunity to join a diverse and inclusive leading-edge business with operations throughout WA
All roles are fly in fly out from Perth, operating a 2/1 roster consisting of a week of days and a week of nights. We promote a healthy work/life balance and when construction is complete the site will includes excellent on-site living facilities including modern en-suite rooms with flat screen TV, Foxtel and a quality meal services.
This is an exciting opportunity for you to further your career in a permanent position, with an established organisation, on this amazing Flag Ship site.
If you fit the above criteria and have passion and drive to contribute to the ongoing development of Downer Mining, we would like to hear from you.
Please apply with your current resume to this application in the first instance or contact Melanie Greenfield in confidence on (08) 6212 9523.
Don't hesitate these roles are for immediate start for the right people!