|Job Type:||Full Time|
Small business makes the world go around – it’s the heart of the global economy. At Xero we want millions of small businesses to thrive through beautiful software, advice and connections. We aim to make being a small business more efficient and profitable, and more enjoyable too.
Working at Xero will provide you with a diverse and inclusive environment alongside people who will respect, challenge, support and mentor you to have fun while you do the best work of your life. We are a place where personal development, innovation, and change are not only inspired but also celebrated. We value our people and want them to enjoy and take pride in their work.
About the team
The Data team is responsible for driving the adoption of data driven decision making across Xero - for both our internal users and our global audience of small business owners, bookkeepers and accountants. We create, manage and deliver a wide range of data services including core reporting, key data dimensions, extensible and scalable analytical data processing and storage facilities, machine learning toolsets, frameworks and API driven prediction services.
We are the center of expertise for data architecture, data modeling, machine learning, ethical data usage and artificial intelligence service design. We also lead the work to raise the data and AI literacy levels across Xero with a particular focus on the product management and engineering cohorts globally.
How you'll make an impact
As the GM of Data Enrichment you will be responsible for driving Xero’s approach to the at-scale transformation and enrichment of data to drive consistent reporting and ‘ML inside’ products and services.
You and your team will play a critical role in transforming Xero’s ability to deliver intelligent products and services by designing and building re-usable frameworks, patterns and processes across a spectrum of data enrichment mechanisms including laboratory data stores, feature factories, data marts and data warehouses.
The Data team at Xero delivers via cross-functional initiative teams and hence your team members will work on both specialised capability build (e.g. metadata and data lineage systems, datamart design, patterns and systems for detecting and masking sensitive data) and cross-functional product/service delivery teams with other areas of the Data team and colleagues from across the business.
This is a senior role so to be successful you will need to have:
- Practitioner level understanding of building, maintaining and operating scalable and reliable data processing pipelines, data warehouses and metadata management systems and workflows and driving the safe and privacy preserving use of customer data for business outcomes. This isn’t ‘just a management job’. You will lead the vision and you need to be able to hold your own in complex technical conversations..
- A good understanding of and experience measuring and designing for non-functionals, like reliability, availability, security and performance
- Experience in evaluating technologies and measuring the impact of technical choice
- Extensive experience working with software development and data projects at scale
- A track record of addressing customer needs through innovative use of data and technology
- Previous experience in leading people leaders and forming high-performing teams
- Proven experience collaborating with a diverse stakeholder group to realise commercial outcomes
- Proven experience facilitating discussions between technical and non-technical audiences
- Proven ability to influence outcomes at all levels
- Demonstrated experience in defining roadmaps and planning
- You will be able to think critically and strategically about Xero as a holistic business and direct your team accordingly.
What success looks like
- A best-in-class data processing and enrichment capability which enable Xeros around the world to report accurately on our business operations, experiment with novel ways to use data to drive business value and deliver high quality data driven products / machine learning pipelines / AI systems
- Robust, reusable frameworks and playbooks for the consistent and reliable delivery of data infused products across Xero
- Your team is continually learning and growing and view Xero as a fantastic place to develop their career for the long term
- Xero is seen as a destination employer for top professionals in our key talent markets
You will also enjoy all of the perks that comes with being a Xero:
- Xero shares, life insurance and enhanced leave
- A bright modern office with plenty of break out spaces
- Casual dress code
- Career development and ongoing training
- Barista coffee machines and free fresh fruit every day
- Access to wellness programs, discounted gym memberships, fitness classes
Have fun while you do the best work of your life! We’re a place where personal development, innovation, and change are not only encouraged but also celebrated. We value our people and want them to enjoy and take pride in their work.