|Job Type:||Full Time|
We have a rare & exciting opportunity to join our Security team as a Cybersecurity Education Analyst, based in either our Auckland or Wellington office. Come & help us lead a cultural change around Cybersecurity.
At Xero, we’re here to make running a business beautiful. By making small business more efficient every day, connecting them with big business technology and empowering a community behind them, their potential is limitless. When that happens, we’re not only helping small business, we’ll be building a stronger economy that can change the world.
About the role
This is your chance to be the driving force of a cultural change at Xero when it comes to all things Cybersecurity related. You will have the opportunity to make this role your own, & challenge the status quo.
The Cybersecurity Education Analyst is responsible for security awareness and education programs at Xero. The work you do is key to the reduction of risk to our organisation by ensuring all employees and contractors can access, understand and implement our security requirements.
You will use the knowledge, standards and policies provided by the subject matter experts in our specialist security teams to create informative and engaging educational content and ensure that all Xero staff have access to cybersecurity related training material.
What you’ll do
- Help implementing a security education and awareness programme to increase organisational understanding of Xero’s security policies and standards
- Create and deliver material to product teams on security best practices to enable product teams to take responsibility for the security of their products
- Engage with Xero security teams to gather content and understand Xero’s security requirements
- Create training material to share content and requirements created by our specialist security teams
- Design and deliver engaging security events like CTFs, hackathons, etc
- Foster a culture of security across Xero and our customers
What we’re looking for
- 3+ years experience working in the information security field
- Familiarity and knowledge of security frameworks (NIST, CIS, ISO)
- Information security certifications, such as CISSP, CCSP, CISM
- Working knowledge of web applications, common web application vulnerabilities and web application penetration testing
- Working knowledge of secure development processes in an Agile/DevOps environment
- Good grasp of modern software development practices and lifecycle
- Experience creating and delivering training and educational material
- You will have excellent written & verbal communication skills with the ability to interact with a variety of individuals at different levels
- The ability to juggle many tasks and projects in a fast paced environment
Why you should become a Xero:
It’s a diverse and inclusive environment, with people who will respect, challenge, support and mentor you to do the best work of your life. We’re a place where innovation and change are not only encouraged but also celebrated. We value our people and want them to enjoy and take pride in their work.
We’re very supportive of flexible working arrangements and offer a competitive remuneration package including shares and life insurance, in addition to your base salary. We have a culture we’re proud of. Whether you're after a workplace with a social vibe, or a workplace which understands your family is priority - Xero is all of that and more.
If this sounds like a team and company you’d like to be a part of, apply today!
Xero is a NZ Immigration Accredited Employer and is Rainbow Tick accredited too.