|Job Type:||Full Time|
At Xero, we’re here to make running a business beautiful. By making small business more efficient every day, connecting them with big business technology and empowering a community behind them, their potential is limitless. When that happens, we’re not only helping small business, we’ll be building a stronger economy that can change the world.
How you’ll make an impact...
Over the past nine months Xero has invested heavily in the development of our three year strategy. As part of this process we have identified a series of strategic programs that require cross-functional delivery across the Xero group. In further support of this strategic review Xero has raised an additional $300M in capital to support future acquisitions to support our growth and / or to expand our geographical footprint and / or to grow our capability as we achieve our vision of becoming the world’s best small business platform.
As such we are seeking an exceptional M&A Integrations specialist with experience leading the integration of acquisition targets on a global scale. In this role you will leverage your skills and experience to support Xero as we build our best practice integration model.
Although we are looking for an M&A Integrations specialist, it is important to note that, should we not have any live acquisitions, we would expect this role to support a range of other strategic, high profile business programs. As such, while we are looking for a specialist, we are also seeking someone with a willingness to adapt their skills in a more generalist function as and when required.
What you’ll doM&A INTEGRATIONS FOCUS
- Work as a key leader within the M&A Integrations team
- Provide integrations, joint ventures, strategic partnership and acquisition delivery expertise and leadership
- Provide assurance and support to Xero’s M&A and business delivery teams during the due diligence and planning phase of a transaction
- Lead the definition and ongoing refinement of our approach for integrations, joint ventures, and strategic partnerships globally.
- Provide coaching and development for team members within the Strategy & Corp Dev, and broader Xero team.
- Provide integrations, joint ventures, strategic partnership expertise by leading planning and operational review sessions.
- Provide project management expertise to support inorganic growth strategies
- Ensure the delivery of a portfolio of inorganic growth initiatives (programs/projects) to agreed time, budget and quality expectations
- Define, establish and lead a range of complex programs across all functions within the organisation
- Deliver complex global, cross functional programs across a range of disciplines
- Lead cross functional team of program and business leaders
- Carefully plan and business case all relevant initiatives
- Monitor progress against business cases
- Work collaboratively with other program leaders to define a “Xero Way” of delivering complex programs
- Support a defined change management approach to bring any proposed changes to life
- Participate as a key leader on the Strategy Execution & Performance team
What you’ll bring...
The successful candidate will bring more than 5 years experience focused on M&A/integrations. You will have worked alongside deal teams conducting due diligence and integration planning as well as be experienced in the planning and implementation of inorganic growth initiatives. Your proven ability to drive programs to commercial outcomes will be underpinned by a strong understanding of the interconnect between Financial, Operational and
Commercial due diligence. Critical will be your ability to lead complex programs of work, engage broadly across the business and collaborate with cross-functional teams.
This role presents an outstanding opportunity to support the M&A teams, successfully drive integrations and design and deliver beautifully executed programs to help Xero achieve its long term objectives.
At Xero, we champion innovation, foster inclusion and celebrate success. We also live and breathe our values everyday.