|Job Type:||Full Time|
Brisbane Airport Corporation Pty Limited (BAC), the operator of Brisbane Airport (BNE), is a proud, private, un-listed Queensland company, creating career opportunities for thousands of Queenslanders and creating economic opportunities for the state and city of Brisbane equating to more than $4 billion annually.
Reporting to the Project Director , the Senior Contract Administrator is responsible for client side activities relating to the compliant management of contracts for large capital infrastructure works on the airport. The works being delivered include but are not limited to operational and infrastructure works of a commercial and aeronautical nature in accordance with the timings and costing’s outlined in the Business Plan.
Key deliverables associated with this role include preparation of compliant contract documentation including notices, related to the delivery of BAC’s larger infrastructure projects.
- Participate in the implementation of business strategies and plans as part of the Major Projects Team, in order to achieve the required team performance outcomes.
- Undertake the contract administration of assigned construction contracts and consultancy agreements to ensure that BAC meets its obligations and that BAC’s rights and entitlements under the contract are preserved;
- Provide timely direction and advice on contractual issues to the Project Director and Principal’s Representative;
- As required consult with BAC’s Contracts Department and external lawyers to determine appropriate actions required to enact the documentation required under the contract;
- Process all progress payments in accordance with contractual timeframes and BAC requirements;
- Manage allocated project budgets and cash flows to ensure accurate cost control and reporting to the Project Director;
- Assist with tender assessment and evaluation procedures, as required;
- Raise and track purchase orders in accordance with Corporation policies, systems and procedures;
- Build and maintain communication and collaborative partnerships with internal BAC departments, to facilitate achievement of the successful delivery of the project;
- Manage and collaborate with external cost consultants as required;
- Build and maintain communication and collaborative partnerships with BAC’s supply chain to facilitate successful project delivery on current projects and for future projects and
- Actively participate in safety leadership on the projects that you are assigned to.
Experience, Skills and Qualifications
- Demonstrated experience in the administration of construction (construct only, design and construct and managing contractor) contracts and consultancy agreements, which shall include knowledge of the contract management processes and procedures that should be implemented to effectively manage the agreement.
- Experience in interfacing directly with Contractors and Consultants to administer the various elements of the agreement.
- Experience in commercial reporting and finance management.
- 10 years’ experience in Contract Management operating at a senior level.
- Knowledge of construction project elements and mitigation strategies relating to WHS, Quality, Audit, Risk and Environment
- Sound knowledge of relevant regulations and statutory requirements
- Experience in briefing and liaising with consultants, construction and management contractors
- Knowledge and understanding of construction codes, work health and safety legislation and Australian Standard contract conditions
- Knowledge of Microsoft Suite of packages
What's on offer?
This is an opportunity to join a company which is already a leader in this field in Australia and to be part of the development of one of Queensland’s key infrastructure assets. The role will you give the opportunity to use your skills, experience and enthusiasm to help continue BAC’s growth and the successful delivery of the projects. Regarding business culture, BAC is a forward thinking organisation, which is supportive of innovation and has a unique positive working environment
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as a contracts administrator?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?