|Job Type:||Full Time|
Brisbane Airport Corporation Pty Limited (BAC), the operator of Brisbane Airport (BNE), is a proud, private, un-listed Queensland company,creating career opportunities for thousands of Queenslanders and creating economic opportunities for the state and city of Brisbane equating to more than $4 billion annually.
Reporting to the Design Manager, the Architectural Design Manager is responsible for the client side activities relating to allocated building components of large capital infrastructure works on the airport. The works to be delivered include but are not limited to works of a commercial and operational nature in accordance with the timings and costing’s outlined in the BAC Business Plan.
Key deliverables to be provided to BAC associated with this role include the technical reviews of building infrastructure assets, particularly retail assets, which comply with the project objectives.
- Actively contribute to enhancing and strengthening the culture of the Major Projects Team. Assist with the ongoing development of Major Projects as a high performing team.
- Investigate, prepare and assess briefs and submissions provided by contractors, consultants and clients (internal/external).
- Ensure appropriate project close-out procedures are implemented for contractor performance assessment and reporting.
- Ensure that the Group requirements for innovation, sustainability and customer stewardship are incorporated into all design solutions.
- Ensure that BIM/ GIS and Digital Engineering practices are developed and implemented in the production of the deliverables for the Major Projects Division.
- Fully comply with BAC’s policies and procedures including the Project Management Framework (PMF).
- Provide all required input for the Division’s reporting requirements. Provide this input in a timely manner and ensure it is of a high professional standard.
- Build and maintain effective communication and collaborative partnerships with internal BAC Departments, stakeholders and external agencies to facilitate achievement of IDD Group’s business objectives. Achieve high satisfaction ratings from stakeholders and internal clients.
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders to seek conformation of scope of works and programme requirements.
- Provide coordination and management of BAC’s external consultants to ensure that projects receive timely delivery of designs, reports, inspections and other required deliverables.
- Undertake reviews of designs from BAC’s external consultants and contractors, noting non-conformance with BAC consultant briefs and BAC’s Design Guidelines. Ensure that design requirements are adequately scopes and that the required deliverables are specified.
- Set the fit for purpose quality standards for design and specification of the building elements, depending on location and intended use.
- Take the lead role for Safety in Design for all building elements associated with the Major Projects Division’s projects.
- Develop project documentation (scopes, briefs, special conditions, tender documentation, etc) in accordance with BAC standards. Ensure that the requirements for Value Engineering and Whole of Life analysis is addressed.
- Provide input for cost management of projects and financial forecasting on project expenditures.
- Assist in Capex budget formulation.
- Develop and implement BAC’s Architectural Design Guidelines in consultation with key Stakeholders.
- Liaise as necessary with Commonwealth, State and Local Authorities including Airport Building Controller and Airport Environment Officer.
- Provide architectural and building advice and liaise with other sections of BAC, including senior management, as required.
- Undertake Quality Assessment audits as required on project documentation and constructed works. Enact procedures within the Major Projects Division, to ensure that errors and omissions are identified and addressed.
- Comply with BAC’s Airport Environment Strategy (AES) and Environmental policies and procedures including, but limited to, identifying and reporting environmental risks and incidents.
Experience, skills and qualifications
- Tertiary qualifications or equivalent in architecture or related areas.
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience with the design of retail and large commercial or institutional projects
- Certified Project Manager with AIPM or equivalent
- Preparation and writing of contract scopes of work and specifications and associated documentation.
- Financial management for projects and consultancies.
- Management of works contracts and consultancy agreements.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in project management with proven experience in client side project management roles.
- Previous experience working at an Airport.
Knowledge & Technical Proficiency
- Sound knowledge of project management practices.
- High level of oral and written and communication skills.
- Understanding of Local Authority By-Laws, Codes and Standards.
- Sound knowledge of Workplace Health and Safety Legislation.
- Knowledge of Australian Standard Construction Contracts.
What's on offer?
This is an opportunity to join a company which is already a leader in this field in Australia and to be part of the development of one of Queensland’s key infrastructure assets. The role will you give the opportunity to use your skills, experience and enthusiasm to help continue BAC’s growth and the successful delivery of the projects. Regarding business culture, BAC is a forward thinking organisation, which is supportive of innovation and has a unique positive working environment
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as a design manager?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- Have you worked in a role which requires a sound understanding of the Building Code of Australia (BCA)?