|Job Type:||Full Time|
Brisbane Airport Corporation Pty Limited (BAC), the operator of Brisbane Airport (BNE), is a proud, private, un-listed Queensland company, employing thousands of Queenslanders and creating economic opportunities for the state and city of Brisbane equating to more than $4 billion annually.
With passenger numbers forecast to more than double by 2034, since FY12 BAC has invested $1.7 billion building critical infrastructure, with a further $1.8 billion worth of infrastructure to be delivered between FY18 – FY22.
This is an excellent opportunity for an enthusiastic Assistant Accountant to join the BAC Finance team! You will be responsible for supporting the Senior Financial Accountant in processing of month-end accounting tasks, ensuring BAC’s annual compliance with statutory charges, property outgoings statements and tax workings.
Key deliverables include monthly journals, accruals, balance sheet reconciliations, statutory charges workbooks, outgoings statements and reconciliations and tax schedule preparation.
- Prepare, post and review month end journals, accruals and balance sheet reconciliations.
- Partner with internal departments, customers and other stakeholders to ensure accuracy of monthly results and identify improvement opportunities.
- Ability to identify, review and correct account coding discrepancies.
- Preparation and management of outgoings statements and reconciliation for review by Senior Financial Accountant.
- Prepare calculations and reporting for BAC’s regulatory requirements, liaising with statutory bodies and internal departments.
- Preparation of tax schedules, including BAS, PAYG, Payroll tax, FBT and income tax returns.
- Assist with forecast and budget preparation as required.
Experience & Qualifications
- Degree qualified in a related discipline.
- Enrolled/eligible to commence study in CPA/CA program.
- Ability to prioritise tasks in order to achieve high productivity results.
- Strong Excel and Word skills
- Prior experience interpreting lease and or contract terms.
- One year’s prior work experience in a similar finance role.
- Prior experience working with Technology One or TM1.
Knowledge & Technical Proficiency
- Excellent attention to detail and analytical skills.
- Proven ability to analyse problems and formulate recommendations regarding their solution.
What's on offer?
This is an opportunity to join a company which is already a leader in this field in Australia and use your skills, experience and enthusiasm to help continue our successful growth! BAC is a forward thinking organisation, which is supportive of innovation and has a unique positive working environment.
About Brisbane Airport Corporation
More than 425 businesses are located at BNE, servicing a diverse range of industries offering services such as freight and aircraft handling, warehousing, transport and communications, manufacturing, research, property and infrastructure development, education and training, recreation, tourism, accommodation, leisure and retail. Collectively these businesses employ nearly 24,000 people, a number expected to exceed 50,000 (the size of a regional town) by 2034.
Operating 24 hours a day, seven days a week, BNE has two major Terminals accommodating 33 airlines flying to 83 domestic and international destinations. It is a suburb in its own right, the largest capital city airport in Australia by land size (2,700 hectares) and the third-largest airport in Australia by passenger numbers with more than 23.4 million passengers travelling through the airport in FY18.
Please note, Brisbane Airport Corporation (BAC) reserves the right to close the applicant portal prior to the listed closing date.
If you believe you have the drive and experience to succeed in this exciting role, please click apply.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples are encouraged to apply.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as an assistant accountant?
- Have you completed a certified practising accountant (CPA) qualification?
- What's your expected annual base salary?