|Job Type:||Full Time|
Brisbane Airport Corporation Pty Limited (BAC), the operator of Brisbane Airport (BNE), is a proud, private, un-listed Queensland company, employing thousands of Queenslanders and creating economic opportunities for the state and city of Brisbane equating to more than $4 billion annually.
About the role:
As the Fixed Assets Analyst, you will be responsible for providing analysis and support for the management of capital projects and fixed assets.
Key deliverables include the accurate management of BAC's fixed asset registers, timely completion of assigned duties and building strong stakeholder relationships.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Business partner with divisions to provide accurate reporting and analysis.
- Maintain the various fixed assets registers.
- Preparation of asset capitalisations, audit scheduling and asset verifications as required.
- Preparation of regular end of month processes, including depreciation, capitalised wages, capitalised interest and project journals.
- Delivery of accurate and timely end of month reporting requirements and analysis.
- Continually improve reporting to business units on project spend to date.
- Preparation and review of forecast and budget’s .
- Development of accounting position papers and file notes, including drafting Board papers.
- Provide guidance and support to the wider Financial Services team.
Experience & Qualifications
- Degree qualified in a related discipline.
- Enrolled/eligible to commence study in CPA/CA program.
- At least two years’ experience in a similar role with exposure to project management and costing.
- Proven ability to provide appropriate financial analysis and advice in respect of capital assets to stakeholders.
- Prior experience utilising TechnologyOne or TM1.
- Demonstrated experience in asset management in a large organisation.
Knowledge & Technical Proficiency
- Intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Excel.
- Advanced understanding of and significant experience in the design, implementation and management of information management and filing systems.
- Interpretation and application of relevant financial legislation, regulations and accounting standards.
What's on offer?
This is an opportunity to join a company which is already a leader in this field in Australia and use your skills, experience and enthusiasm to help continue our successful growth! BAC is a forward thinking organisation, which is supportive of innovation and has a unique positive working environment.
More than 425 businesses are located at BNE, servicing a diverse range of industries offering services such as freight and aircraft handling, warehousing, transport and communications, manufacturing, research, property and infrastructure development, education and training, recreation, tourism, accommodation, leisure and retail. Collectively these businesses employ nearly 24,000 people, a number expected to exceed 50,000 (the size of a regional town) by 2034.
Please note, Brisbane Airport Corporation (BAC) reserves the right to close the applicant portal prior to the listed closing date.
If you believe you have the drive and experience to succeed in this exciting role, please click apply.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples are encouraged to apply.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?