|Job Type:||Full Time|
Scentre Group is the owner and operator of 42 Westfield living centres in Australia and New Zealand. Our purpose is to create extraordinary places, connecting and enriching communities.
Based in Sydney, Scentre Group has a reputation for innovation and experience. Each Westfield living centre is a retail, social and cultural hub at the heart of the communities we serve. We create the most vibrant and social retail destinations that improve the lives of these communities.
The Customer Experience Technology (CXT) team is responsible for enhancing the experience our customers and retailers have across our digital and physical touchpoints. Our team is an agile high-growth team and we’ve combined the entrepreneurial energy of a start-up with the resources and trusted leadership of a corporate organisation. We create digital products that encourage customers to look up, not down, and connect with the places and community around them in our centres.
We’re adding a new Digital Product Designer to our CXT team to help us deliver on new and exciting initiatives on our roadmap! We’re initially offering this role as 6 month fixed term contract, and you’ll have a home base of our Sydney CBD offices (right above Westfield Sydney) though we also support and encourage you to work flexibly too.
In this role, you’ll be responsible for designing our digital experiences, creating products that users love. You’ll work along experienced Product Designer, Product Managers, and Engineers in collaborative cross-functional teams, and help shape the digital products used by our customers, staff and partners to enrich and enhance experiences in the physical world. Our team works across multiple products and customer groups, and you'll sit in a cross-functional team responsible for a specific stage of our customer journey.
A snapshot of your day to day role:
- Design of creative and customer-focussed digital products and experiences delivered through web, apps, email, touchscreen directories, and other emerging platforms
- Pairing and collaborating with product owners and developers to create new experiences and enhance existing products
- Creating finished designs for new experiences
- Contributing to the design and evolution of the design system used across our products
- Creating prototypes of new interactions or concepts where required to communicate with other teams
- Growing and learning as a designer and communicator
- Testing ideas with customers
What will set you apart from the rest?
You’re a talented and energetic mid-level designer, with a passion for growing your knowledge in customer experience and service design. You’ll bring experience iterating a digital product and evolving a design, with understanding of UX/UI principles too. You’ll be a great communicator and collaborator, and you’ll use these skills to partner with all areas of our cross-functional teams.
It’s important that you're passionate to learn, self-motivated, and you thrive in a fast-paced environment where you work and are supported by multiple team members.
What sets us apart from the rest?
- A collaborative no egos culture
- A team of driven professionals that thrives on creating products our customers love
- A supportive environment that encourages a test, learn and iterate way of working
- The largest playground to test how technology can enhance physical experiences
- Diverse career paths across our vertically integrated business
- Ability to innovate in a company that not only encourages it but will facilitate it
- For the second year running we have been named as a Bronze Employer at the Australian LGBTI Inclusion Awards
- We’re recognised as an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality by the Workplace Gender Equality Agency (WGEA) and committed to creating a workplace culture in which women and men are equally represented, valued and rewarded
To us, diversity is about recognising and valuing the contribution of people from different backgrounds, with different perspectives and experiences. Diversity includes (but is not limited to) gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion and cultural background. Inclusion is promoting and developing a culture where all of us can be ourselves and thrive. It's important to us that our workplace reflects the communities in which we operate. Why? Because we believe that all the ways we're different contribute to our success.
If this sounds like you, apply today to make extraordinary happen! Should you have any questions, or want to discuss the role further, please reach out to Ali Long, Talent Acquisition Business Partner, on 02 9358 7066.