|Job Type:||Full Time|
A career at Arup offers you the chance to make a positive difference in the world. Independently owned and independently minded, Arup is the creative force at the heart of many of the world’s most prominent projects in the built environment. We offer a broad range of professional services that combine to make a real difference to our clients and the communities in which we work.
We are truly global, and our 14,000 planners, designers, engineers and consultants around the world deliver innovative projects with creativity and passion.
To be successful in this role as a Senior Engineer, you will be a key member of the Highways team where your previous design and consulting experience in highways and transport infrastructure, will aim to enhance the team’s portfolio of skills and expertise in this area.
You will ideally have:
- Recognised relevant tertiary qualifications in Civil Engineering or equivalent.
- Relevant industry experience in Highways Engineering with an emphasis on designing roads, pavement and road furniture elements within a consulting business environment.
- Substantial experience in the operation of software design tools including Inroads, OpenRoads, MicroStation or AutoCAD as well as other software packages relevant to area of technical specialism.
- Ability to communicate with people at all levels in both technical and non-technical environments.
- Effective written communication and report writing skills.
- Experience in leading and managing design teams and design packages.
About the role
The role is part of the Highways team within the Transport and Resources Group in Melbourne. It covers a broad range of skills relating to highways and transport infrastructure, with a focus on design, team leadership and client engagement.
In this role you will:
- Take a leading role in managing the tasks and activities of an engineering team, and be responsible for their development through providing guidance, training and feedback.
- Demonstrate developing skills in management and/or a design/technical or professional specialisation.
- You will work without supervision, referring up as necessary. In achieving this you will be responsible for meeting deadlines, monitoring budgets and resourcing and controlling expenditure to meet financial targets in your own area.
- Your work will involve leading small and medium sized projects, as well as being a key member of larger project groups. This will include design, technical documentation, cost estimates, tender submissions, project scheduling and meeting deadlines and budgets.
- You will provide design and technical consultation in areas such as alignment, pavement, stormwater, signs and lines and road furniture design.
- You will take a longer term strategic view of the business and contribute to the development plan of Arup.
- Recognises best practices and actively promotes their wider use throughout the team or group.
- Represent your team or group at internal meetings and you may be involved in developing events, activities and internal projects of some complexity.
The people at Arup are driven to find a better way and to deliver better solutions for our clients.
Take advantage of Arup’s flexible working culture to set and drive your agenda; we are open to candidates seeking a more flexible working week, including part-time/reduced hours.
We offer a competitive remuneration package commensurate with qualifications and experience to the right candidate including a global profit share scheme, excellent staff benefits and long-term career development opportunities.
We welcome applications from a diverse group of people, including those who are seeking flexible working, have accessibility needs, want to bring their whole selves to work, and can enrich our workforce with cultural diversity.
If you are interested in helping us shape a better world, please click “Apply Now” to submit your online application.
Please note that our end of year office closedown is from Friday 20 December, re-opening on Monday 6 January 2020. Due to this, there may be some delays to our usual recruitment activity and reviewing of candidates.