|Job Type:||Full Time|
Secure Australia’s Network Backbone
nbn is responsible for the country’s communication backbone built upon all the major communication transport technologies of today. Committed to providing world class leading security, nbn is seeking cybersecurity professionals to research and monitor emerging and current cyber threats, and participate in the development of mitigating strategies, architectures and tactics.
A bit about your role
The Network Security Engineer reports to the Engineering Practice Lead and will be responsible for embedding and reinforcing secure design and development practices across delivery teams to meet nbn’s security policies and standards.
This role will work with delivery teams to create the detailed and verified engineering solution required for the implementation of secure EMS and network elements. This includes high level designs, detailed design specifications, templates, guides and software code for the telco environment.
Some of the key activities in this role will be:
- Create detailed solutions that aligns with the Solution Architecture, Solution Overview, Engineering Standards, Frameworks and business needs.
- Undertake threat risk assessments and design reviews to verify embedded security controls and identify potential security vulnerabilities
- Define and support execution of quality assurance activities, i.e. penetration testing
- Provide technical security SME support to nbn delivery teams
- Co-ordinate Security awareness and training campaigns to uplift delivery team capabilities
- Contribute to development, maintenance and implementation of security policies, standards, patterns and practices
A bit about you
In this role, expertise in segmentation and security design between traditional TCP/IP networks and machine-controlled networks, will be essential.
As the Network Security Engineer you will be a thought leader across Cyber Defence capabilities such as threat identification, detection and response, while guiding a team of technical specialists.
In addition to this, the competency required for this role will include:
- Experience in Firewall management to include next gen layer 7 application firewalls
- Understanding vulnerabilities and mitigating strategies for attacks on telecommunication network technologies and architectures including fibre, copper, HFC, wireless and satellite access networks and supporting transport networks
- Solid understanding of the “kill chain” and or the MITRE ATT&CK framework
- Ability to translate threat intelligence into actionable designs
- Working with Cyber Defence team to tools efficacy and effectiveness
- Find new ways of operating and be highly effective in problem solving
Life at nbn
Nbn can become your home for a dynamic and complete cybersecurity career. This critical national infrastructure company offers positions across all the major domains of cybersecurity from future forecasting, policy development, architecture, design, development, operations, crisis management, risk assessment, supply chain security, behavioural analytics and forensics, from apprentice positions to those of senior executive management – collectively providing you an unbridled set of career opportunities.
No matter where you want to take your career in cybersecurity or telecommunications, nbn offers career paths, training and experience to help you achieve your goal. Nbn is seeking to make you a highly skilled employee, proud of your company and of your accomplishments.
At nbn our people have a clear and shared purpose - empowering Australians to and redefine the way they live, work and play into the future. As one of the Australia’s largest infrastructure projects ever undertaken in Australian history, you’ll be part of a team building a brighter future for the country.
nbn is committed to an inclusive, flexible and supportive workplace. We strive to ensure that any barriers that may exist are removed to allow everyone equal opportunity to thrive and succeed, regardless of factors such as gender, those who identify as First Peoples, LGBTI+ status, cultural background or disability. We actively focus on encouraging diversity and ensuring that all our people have fair opportunity to reach their career aspirations and potential.
We actively focus on our people having a fair go at reaching their career aspirations. We’re committed to equal opportunities for all employees, with a target of 33% of women in senior management by 2020. With initiatives like Women’s Leadership Programs, a commitment to equal pay, flexibility and market leading parental leave, we truly are paving the way for true equality in the workplace.
Continue the conversation
If you think this role might be for you, we want to hear from you. Please apply by following the links and sending in your resume only. We do not require a cover letter or any selection criteria to be addressed.
At nbn our people and our planet matter. We have an unwavering commitment to the wellbeing and safety of our employees so that everyone goes home safely each day and can perform at their peak to deliver the nbn™ network. nbn also aims to build a network that minimises energy use and can be operated with minimal impact on the environment.