|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Exciting opportunity for an Associate Finance Manager to join the Corporate Finance team
- Located at Camperdown/ Darlington Campus
- Full-time continuing position with a remuneration package $93,986 p.a which includes leave loading and up to 17% superannuation
About the opportunity
Financial Services are looking for an Associate Finance Manager to join their team. As the Associate Finance Manager, you will be part of a team providing financial services to an allocated portfolio. You will be responsible for building relationships with stakeholders and working collaboratively with other Financial Services staff to provide effective, efficient and integrated day to day operational financial management and accounting services. This position will see you take on a range of duties including, but not limited to;
- provisioning day-to-day relationship management and business partnering for complex portfolios
- supporting Senior Finance Managers and Finance Managers in the development of strategic annual client plans that identify the current and future key issues and needs for the client portfolio
- maintaining and championing compliance with Procurement and Finance policies and procedures across Faculties and Schools
The University values courage and creativity; openness and engagement; inclusion and diversity; and respect and integrity. As such, we see the importance of recruiting talent aligned to these values and are looking for a Associate Finance Manager who can demonstrate:
- experience working in the finance industry
- relationship management skills across all levels of the organisations, inspiring confidence and trust.
- an ability to provide operational financial insights, sound financial management, decision support, advice and analysis
- the ability to navigate across a complex (matrix reporting) enterprise
- experience interpreting, applying and integrating complex financial policies and procedures, external requirements and accounting standards
Finance comprises of three broad business areas, with teams providing Specialists, Functional expertise, and Engagement advice and support:
- Specialist teams: Investment and Capital Management and Strategic Financial Solutions
- Functional expertise teams: Financial Control and Treasury, Financial Management and Analysis and Procurement Services
- Engagement teams: Corporate Finance, along with client portfolio groups including Medicine and Health, Health Sciences, Natural Sciences, Engineering and Information Technologies, University of Sydney Business School, Humanities and Social Sciences, and University Schools
Since our inception 160 years ago, the University of Sydney has led to improve the world around us. We believe in education for all and that effective leadership makes lives better. These same values are reflected in our approach to diversity and inclusion, and underpin our long-term strategy for growth. We’re Australia's first university and have an outstanding global reputation for academic and research excellence. Across our campuses, we employ over 7600 academic and non-academic staff who support over 60,000 students.
We are undergoing significant transformative change which brings opportunity for innovation, progressive thinking, breaking with convention, challenging the status quo, and improving the world around us.
How to apply
For more information on the position and University, please view the position description available from the job’s listing on the University of Sydney careers website.
All applications must be submitted via the University of Sydney careers website. Visit sydney.edu.au/recruitment and search by the reference number 2203/1019C to apply.
Please note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position
Closing date: Closing date: 11:30pm, Monday 4 November 2019
The University of Sydney is committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications from people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; equity target groups including women, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ; and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, are encouraged.
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.