Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
About the opportunity
Our Transport Infrastructure business based in Perth is in growth mode with a strong pipeline of exciting projects across the metro region and offers the successful candidate an opportunity to join a leading team who are making a mark on the Transport sector in WA.
The purpose of this role is to provide technical leadership and direction in the design of structural infrastructure within the Section and in the broader Jacobs bridge practice; particularly in the design of complex bridge structures.
- Significant experience (predominantly in bridge design and construction)
- Highly Knowledgeable of technical practice and Australian standards for design, construction and maintenance
- Previous technical experience in discipline(s) relevant to design, including complex civil structures and bridge design.
- Significant experience on large, multidisciplinary Design and Construct and Alliance projects
- Knowledge of the local environment, relevant industry, particularly working with MRWA and local Tier 1 contractors
- Excellent communications skills and ability to lead technical discussion and present solutions to clients and delivery partners.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Negotiation skills
- Mentoring and coaching design team members
- Confidence (able to challenge when required and appropriate)
- Desire to achieve high quality outputs and deliver excellent service
- Keen to learn innovative construction methods and products
- Advanced finite element analysis expertise, to undertake complex design or/and high-profile projects and strong record of developing design calculations
- Strong knowledge of the following software\: LUSAS, MIDAS, AutoDesk Structural Bridge Design,
- Strong record of designing Super-T prestressed beams, post-tensioned box girder, composite steel/concrete bridges, launching process.
- Strong record of bridge inspections and bridge assessment
We reflect our clients’ diversity at Jacobs. We value inclusion and diversity as it energises our people and encourages creativity, collaboration and innovation. Our global culture of caring fosters a workplace where we value the safety, positive mental health, inclusion and belonging of all our employees. Joining Jacobs introduces you to a variety of established global employee networks dedicated to empowering employees to maximise their potential through engagement and development opportunities across all career stages.
One of the many ways we thank our employees for their dedication and hard work, is offering quality, flexible benefit options that keep you and your family, physically and financially healthy. You’ll have access to several employee benefits including professional/educational support, flexible work arrangements, salary sacrifice options, monthly social events or community involvement programs.
It’s a great time to join Jacobs as we actively nurture and support our diverse employee and client networks across all ethnicities and cultures. Achieve more and thrive with a global brand! Apply online by clicking on the link below.
Please note\: If you are being represented by a recruitment agency you will not be considered, to be considered you will need to apply directly to Jacobs.